2 Intakes

-

69valiant21

Reaction score
I'm going to be putting together a 360 for my truck soon. There are two intakes for sale in my area. A Holley street dominator and a weiand 8007. Don't know anything about these two intakes. What do you guys think for a truck motor? Either? Neither?

Just found a torker 2 not too far also.

Truck is 4x4. Intended use is a work truck with some towing here and there. Stock lower end. Unsure of a cam at this point. Stock heads. It's got headers already.

Last edited:
Weiland for the win. If I remember correctly, that intake is close to a Edelbrock LD4B

Weiand. If you have exhaust rotators, that may limit the cam choice. What year of 360 and what gears? Automatic or manual & what size of tires?

street dominator is a flat single plane, ie 273 ish open plenum intake. May not be bad at all for a truck app. check out those skinny runners! All in at 4500?
20170213_110539.jpg

Holley. Not even close. Wait...I know there is more than one Street Dominator. I want to see a picture of the intake before I say. If it’s the right Holley than Thats the one I’d use.

Edit: pishta has the picture of the intake I’d use. If that’s the one you are looking at then that’s it.

Holley. Not even close. Wait...I know there is more than one Street Dominator. I want to see a picture of the intake before I say. If it’s the right Holley than Thats the one I’d use.

Edit: pishta has the picture of the intake I’d use. If that’s the one you are looking at then that’s it.

Screenshot_20220107-233203.jpg

I’ll jump in and say there’s nothing at all wrong with the street dominator here either. They do work! I like them a whole lot myself, enough that it’s become my go to. It depends on your gearing, tire size, and compression, but whenever most people hear mostly stock 360 and truck without a lot of specifics on the truck, a dual plane is usually what comes to mind.

long skinny runners means high velocity, same design as the old SP2P. High velocity equates to torque down low, ideal for a truck or a low numerical gear car ie. the slants 'bunch of bananas' intake.

You're in the minority. What's your reasoning?

Making air go around a corner is a bad thing. Add fuel to it and it’s even worse. The fewer the corners the better.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you chose a single plane intake over a dual plane, you need to run a smaller carb with the SP. That’s what kills power with a SP over a DP. The engine “sees” half the carb on a DP and all of he carb on the DP. You can easily over carb a SP intake and kill power everywhere. So carb choice is another thing to look at. CFM is a bad way to pick a carb. Look at venturi and throttle blade diameter and chose accordingly.

Both will 'work'. A dual plane will be better for the intended use.

Making air go around a corner is a bad thing. Add fuel to it and it’s even worse. The fewer the corners the better.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you chose a single plane intake over a dual plane, you need to run a smaller carb with the SP. That’s what kills power with a SP over a DP. The engine “sees” half the carb on a DP and all of he carb on the DP. You can easily over carb a SP intake and kill power everywhere. So carb choice is another thing to look at. CFM is a bad way to pick a carb. Look at venturi and throttle blade diameter and chose accordingly.

There's a good chance to will end up with a sniper on top. Which also points towards single plane.

Dual plane for the low end. Dual planes are good to 6k.

-
Back