2 Quick Questions

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
I Have Two Questions Can You Take A Crank Out Of One 360 And Put It In Another Block With No Machine Work?

If You Spin A Main Bearing Is It True That You May Have Damaged The Block Beyond Repair?

Thanks

I Have Two Questions Can You Take A Crank Out Of One 360 And Put It In Another Block With No Machine Work?

It is possible to do so but I would really look twice before bolting that baby up! Machine work is cheap as doing it twice really sucks.

If You Spin A Main Bearing Is It True That You May Have Damaged The Block Beyond Repair?
Thanks

Again, a machinest or a good look will tell you if you have damaged it. But more than likely, no. You'll have to look everywhere in the engine to be sure that something else didn't take a crap. The bearing itself can be replaced. No problem. I'd wonder about metal shavings in the oil passages and other damages through out the engine.

If it were a cam bearing, the cam is probably damaged.
If it is a crank bearing, the crank is probably damaged.
I'd go through the whole engine and run a bottle brush through it before I proceed. (Actually, my machinest would be doing the work. I'm getting lazy and rather pay.)

bad bad rumble.dont let all that knowledge go to waste. you know you can trust noone like you trust yourself.

and yes you can spin a main bearing and toast a saddle, the block is toast unless you spend extra dough for saddle repair and its costly

and your other question. if the mains and rods are the same size and the crank mikes out and the rods dont need resized you can swap a crank with new rod and main bearings

Daredevil...you crack me up. Pfffssst, beer on me.

and yes you can spin a main bearing and toast a saddle,
There ya go!

The Crank And Rods Are A Match Set. The Block Needs Rebored And Is Already .040 Over. So Instead Of Going .060 On The Block. I Have Another Virgin 71 Block That I Thought I Would Use, And Just Buy Pistons And Bore It. If This Is Possible

YEP! Sounds like your allmost good to go on an assembly.

Balanced rods and pistons on the crank. ? All balanced? Drop into preped block, your good!

-
Back