2023 14th Annual FABO NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game - Here We Go Again!!!

-
Congratulations to both '44070dart' (FABO) and 'Sublime one' (FABO) for correctly picking #22 Joey Logano to win the Pole for the Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas. Each of them picked up -1 bonus point.

Put a radio and A/C in it and I'll drive it.

@Avispa, please post your Las Vegas race picks before the 3:30pm EST (12:30pm PST) scheduled start of the race today. I will be at my Inland Mopars Car Club meeting and won't have access to a television for the exact race start time.

@Dart_Doctor, do you want to change from your 'locked' pick of #9 Chase Elliott for the Las Vegas race since he won't be driving today? Please post a replacement driver if you do.
If you do not post a replacement driver, you will get whatever finish spot the #9 car (with Josh Berry driving) earns.

Congratulations to both '44070dart' (FABO) and 'Sublime one' (FABO) for correctly picking #22 Joey Logano to win the Pole for the Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas. Each of them picked up -1 bonus point.
Congratulations men !!

@Dart_Doctor, do you want to change from your 'locked' pick of #9 Chase Elliott for the Las Vegas race since he won't be driving today? Please post a replacement driver if you do.
If you do not post a replacement driver, you will get whatever finish spot the #9 car (with Josh Berry driving) earns.
Since I think I'm late I will stick with him. But intell chase gets backgive me the 8 thanks

Byron swept the race today.

I got screwed with that last caution

^^^ Especially on the super speedways where it takes a lap to get up to speed. As a side note I can't WAIT until fox no longer does races. Those two morons in the booth drive me crazy. If Boyer said "I told you so" one more time I would have wasted an expensive TV, and her, good lord. Should be a drinking game with what foolish thing they are going to say, I'd be drunk by the middle of the 2nd stage. They have Larry Mc and Jamie Mc hanging around and they both make a lot more sense than the other's in the booth. Just my 2 cents..

Last edited:
I' warned y'all that my picks would be a "kiss of death" for the drivers but some of you didn't pay attention.
One of my original picks broke a bone in his left leg in a snowboard accident earlier in the week. Then my replacement driver pick finished in last place in the race!
Couldn't get much worse than that.

Nobody picked the race winner, #24 William Byron, for the Pennzoil 400 in Las Vegas so no race winner bonus points this week.
Congratulations to 'cuda20' (FABO), 'Dart_Doctor' (FABO) and 'LocuMob' (FABO) for correctly picking the race
runner-up, #5 Kyle Larson, and grabbing -3 bonus points this week.

'cuda20' (FABO) had the low net score for the week with 3.0 points

#24William Byron was the race leader at the end of both Stage 1 and Stage 2
#5 Kyle Larson was in 2nd place at the end of both Stage 1 and Stage 2

Here are the game standings following the 2023 Pennzoil 400:
cuda20 (FABO) 8.5 P5 8 5 (S1-1)(S2-1) 14 2
-3 11.5
riverdawg (FBBO) 13.0 LP23 L19 L1 7 12 22.5
Sublime one (FABO) 13.5 LP22
-1 L11 L8 11 14 25.0
LocuMob (FABO) 23.0 (no Pole pick) 5 22
(S1-1)(S2-1) 2 36 -3 37.0
Yunick13 (FABO) 26.5 LP20 8 L11 14 11 39.0
44070dart (FABO) 18.0 P22
-1 L22 4 36 9 39.5
Back in Time (FABO) 27.5 P5 8 1 14 12 40.5

fishmens67 (FABO) 17.0 LP8 22 12 36 13 41.5
Avispa (FABO) 21.5 P5 22 8 36 14 46.5
Dart_Doctor (FABO) 40.5 LP8 L9 L5
(S1-1)(S2-1) 29 2 -3 51.0
memike (FABO) 27.5 P12 12 22 13 36 52.0
ocdart (FABO) 52.5 P8 1 22 12 36 76.5

As a reminder here's a quick explanation of what the above numbers represent:
(your score before the race) (your Pole pick car #) (Pole winner bonus point) (race pick car #) (race pick car #) (Stage 1 bonus points) (Stage 2 bonus points) (race pick finish position) (race pick finish position) (race winner/runner-up bonus points) (your score after the race)

Please let me know if I show either your Pole or Race picks incorrectly or if you have any questions.

Please post your picks for the next race and let me know if you want to "lock" them in for future weeks. I will put an "L" before either your Pole pick or your race picks to show they've been "locked".
As always, you can always make different picks each week. Your "locked" picks will always be there should you forget to post your race picks, your computer malfunctions or the site should go down temporarily.
Don't forget to get your picks for the United Rental Works United 500 at Phoenix Raceway posted before the green flag drops at approximately 3:45 PM EST (12:45 PM PST) on Sunday, March 12.

Your Pole Pick for Las Vegas will need to be posted before qualifying starts at approximately 2:05PM EST (11:05AM PST) on Saturday, March 11.

Phoenix revision: Larson pole, Larson, Bowman win

Last edited:
Give me Joey Lagono in the 22 mustang for the pole please

22 and 12 Penske cars for the win.

Congratulations to both 'Avispa' (FABO), 'Back in time' (FABO) and 'Yunick13' (FABO) for correctly picking #5 Kyle Larson to win the Pole for the United Rentals Work United 500 at Phoenix. Each of them picked up -1 bonus point.

-
Back