-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw49801

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking to sell my 273. It was recently rebuilt around 1000 miles ago has a mild cam, 4 barrel carb with an offenhauser aluminum intake manifold. It has stock exhaust manifolds. It’s possibly a commando not sure I do know the distributor differs from other 273's I have seen. I also have a stock 2 barrel intake with the carb if someone is looking to go original. It will include the 904 push button with all the linkage and the drive shaft. It was recently gone through shifts smooth torque converter also goes with was replaced when engine went in.

Asking $650 for it all.

If it was a two bbl then it was not a Commando, BUT I bet the rebuild has it performing like or better than a stock Commando. This is a great deal, I have a similar set-up in my garage from a 65 valiant. I am waiting on a roller project to build with mine.

that could be I picked the 2bl intake and carb up at a swap meet the offyy and 4brl was on it when I got it and was told been on it for 40 + years

Is it still around? I am in Twin Cities and if you still have it around spring time or when the snow is moved off the roads, I could be interested.

A bit confused. You state it was rebuilt only 1000 miles ago, yet you don't know what pistons are in it and were told the intake has been on it for 40 years.

Was it rebuilt 40 years ago and not driven more than 1000 miles since?

By "rebuilt" do you mean a few changes without removing the heads like the cam you mentioned? A cam swap has never defined a "rebuild".

I bought the car from a guy I know. I keep tabs on all the local A body guys. When tje car went up for sale is when I became interested I had no interest in the car when the engine was being rebuilt I know it was pulled completely down hot tanked magna fluxed new cam, stock crank, pistons and rings not sure what was done to the heads the previous owner had the car for many years he bought it in 1968 and and after driving it back then storing it this long he started to restore it 2 years ago and decided to buy a finishef 1940's chevy rat rod pick up instead.

Yes the engine is still available if your interested in the engine only I will take $500 it is currently in the car and will leave it in the car as long as I can so it can be started ran compression tested and checked over as far as being a commando it is not, rough guess carb intake cam is gonna put this engine around 275 hp.
Redhotdart64 yes it is still around and being your in the twin cities it is a place I can deliver to for $175 if interested

Are you selling the whole Car for 500.00? Or what I also am Wondering what is going on. I Can drive up to you out highway 8 all the way for about 100.00 bucks both ways. Have pick-up truck so no-problem and am retired so I have the time. Just been to much weather to come there Now. $500.00 sound great what comes with that? Flywheel.housing for Auto, Tranny? What?

no not whole car I was just giving someone who pm'd me thier answer public to let others know I am willing to sell the engine seperate from the package I am looking to get $650 for the trans with all linkage drive shaft and engine. I left it in the car for time being so someone could see everything work and would know what they were befor getting it home and being unhappy

How well does the motor run and do you know when the motor was rebuilt? Are you interested in delivering to Rochester Hills, MI? and if so, at what price?

Engine runs strong built about 3 years ago car sat lots in the garage has between 1000 to 1500 miles I would guess maybe less engine is still in car so if you want I can post a video of it running I would take $625 for the engine with the ride down

The price sounds good. Can you post the video of the motor starting and running idle to high RPM? I've been looking for a 4 bbl, manifold, and cam for my 1965 273 2bbl. This engine swap sounds good if it's a solid unit. One of your pictures shows a wire holding the ?? on the carb. What's missing. Choke? What carb is on the motor and do you know the cfm or carb. number?
You can also contact me at [email protected]
Thanks for your delivery help
Rob

I am an owner/operator over the road truck driver and got called out early I will do it as soon as I get back home sorry I could not do it sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back