3 Generation Project

-
DOOOOOOD! You are way better at this than I ever was. My chest swells.

(((((Oh, We forgot to tell you. You are really my son. Roofus just married your mom for me so I could continue my service on The Starship Enterprise. Hope you're not too disappointed ..... :sign12: ..... )))))

"Hey" to the grils and Joshie-Poo

Come see me before I get old and decrepit.

Decrepiter? More decrepit? Decrepitest?

Broke down.

Love yall. Hugs to Mom and her other Dick.

The rears are 8-1/2 x 15 w/ 3-3/4 back space with MT ET Street Radial P295/55R15
Fronts are 5 x 15 w/ 2-1/2 back space with MT Sportsman S/R 26X8.00R15LT
I like the wheels and ordered a set in 15x4 and 15x10 for my Dart, thanks to help me decide on wheel choice, by the way i went a little up in tire selection and i got a set of 325/50-15 DR, but really i think the 295 would look better, lets see i got a friend with a set i can use to mock up!

Well my son is happier than a “pig-n-sh*t” today. :blob: Brand new Strange 9” rear end was delivered this morning.

Attachments

• #38 Axle Housing.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,009
Strange 9” /w 3.70 and 40 spline axles.

Attachments

• #39 Strange 3.70.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • #40 Strange 9 in.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,007
Oink! Oink! :love7:

I got a little more progress done this weekend. Subframe connectors fully welded in and front torque boxes added.

Unfortunately the rear end was sent the wrong width. I am taking it to a local shop to get shortened and new axles will be sent. Bummer.

Attachments

• Passemger torque box.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 983
  • Drivers side Subframe con 2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,034
  • Drivers side subframe con.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 978
  • Passenger side sub frame con..jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 950
A little more progress this last week. Got the rear torque boxes in. Installed most of the front suspension. Waiting on brakes for all four corners to arrive. I'm taking the rear end housing tomorrow to a shop to get shortened to the right length. Slow and steady.

Attachments

• rear end.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 899
  • Front SUSP front.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 896
  • Rack.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 889
  • Front rt susp comp 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 894
  • Front rt susp complete.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 887
  • Front Rt UCA LCA Spindle.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 912
  • Front rt LCA UCA.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 959
  • Front rt susp LCA.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 912
  • Rear torque box 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 923
  • Rear torque box.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 949
A little more progress this past weekend. Started installing my first four link. It was pretty intimidating. Measure, measure, measure...spot weld, measure, cuss, cut off spot welds, measure...third time was the charm. As far as I can tell, measuring it from about six different ways, its centered and square. I need to put the coil overs in this week. Then disassemble and finish weld. Then I will start hunting for a powder coater. The brakes should also be here this week. She will be sitting on the ground very soon.

The first photo is the only real modification i had to make to the Control Freak kit. The bracket is made to sit on the flat and radius of the housing. This housing's bracing came out further so i just cut the radius off.

The last photo gets me excited.

Attachments

• from rear 2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 938
  • from rear 1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 882
  • torque thrusts.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 921
  • tire closeup.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 901
  • rear from front 2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 905
  • rear from front.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 895
  • upper and lower links.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 963
  • bracket to cut.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 928
....Then I will start hunting for a powder coater.

Terrific build fellas. But the above quote makes me wonder if you know about our Mistress Of Metal and FABO vendor - CudaChick1968 (Leanna) who is the owner / operator of PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/ Her work is highly praised and recommended. She's workin' on some really awesome and unique valve covers for me.

Again, keep up the great work.

Wylde1.

Good job. You are building "TEH ROOFUS DREAM CAR".

D**n fine job.

When you get it finished, I think you should have ...

"ROOFUS"

... painted on the fender.

Great project 69er,pretty nice work for a first time welder.This will be a lasting memory with your grandson/son.Way to go Gramps!!=D>

P.S your gonna love the torque of the 410c.i

Not much to report. Recently acquired a 1970, 340-6 pack motor complete all original from air cleaner to pan. I have not yet disassembled it to verify that claim, but block, heads and carbs all check out.
Now we’ll take a brief intermission while the $$$ catches up with the vision. Pictures

Attachments

• 340-6 Pack5.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 819
  • 340-6 Pack2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 764
nice I love this build thread just had to tell you again. I love the suspension mods and the wheel size in the rear looks perfect to me. You do great work and your cleanliness and attention to detail is just as good as anything I have seen. This valiant is going to be a real fun car! :thumblef:

Haven't posted in awhile. Just like everyone else...going through a tough chapter in life. Haven't felt motivated at all in the past few months, but I'm starting to feel that spark again. Had a little time this weekend. Got the new pedals in and started mockup of the seat. Steering column, shifter, cage soon to come.

Attachments

• seat mockup 5.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 696
  • seat mockup 3.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 733
  • Seat mockup 4.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 706
  • Seat mockup 1.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 748
So would I. :sign3:hehe
I thought I was with Stupid. Heck, You kept me drunk for 15 years!!!

THANKS!!!!!
Sure had a good time, didn't we?
av3.gif

-
Back