318/340/360 4" stroker intake question.

-

Ottmundr

68 Fastback
Reaction score
Is anyone running any of the above based strokers with the Offenhauser 5615 intake manifold? If so, what carbs, cam and heads, and how do you like the combination? I have been thinking I want to do something a little different than the RPM Air Gap when I get to that point in my build.

ofy-5615_w_ml.jpg

No, but, the short runner design should help in the rpm department. How large are the runners windows and can you take plenum measurements? Doesn't seem to be a lot of plenum there.

No, but, the short runner design should help in the rpm department. How large are the runners windows and can you take plenum measurements? Doesn't seem to be a lot of plenum there.

I can't take measurements until I head up to check it out. (the used intake). The seller related to me that they were 'in the neighborhood of 15/16"x1 15/16"' I do not know the plenum dimensions. I also do not know how thick the runners are, to enable one to hog them out...

I can always get some 1"-2" carb spacers if needed.

I will get you this information when I go to check the manifold out. The guy wants $550 for the intake plus two 'just rebuilt' Carter competition 500cfm carbs. I figure worst case, I can sell the carbs and replace them with some thing smaller.

Last edited:
I can't take measurements until I head up to check it out. (the used intake). The seller related to me that they were 'in the neighborhood of 15/16"x1 15/16"' I do not know the plenum dimensions. I also do not know how thick the runners are, to enable one to hog them out...

I can always get some 1"-2" carb spacers if needed.

I will get you this information when I go to check the manifold out. The guy wants $550 for the intake plus two 'just rebuilt' Carter competition 500cfm carbs. I figure worst case, I can sell the carbs and replace them with some thing smaller.

Sounds like a smoking deal to me. I'd run the carbs. My brother had the chance to buy a little early dart with a 273/ 4 speed and that intake and those carbs. Bone headed and didn't do it. That thing ran good.

Buy it and use it. They were good intakes.

I welded up the top of the intake runner to match the 340 head I used. added about 3/8"of alum , then gasket matched the port and opened up intake runner about 1''from gasket surface along the top of runner I use 2 500cfm eddy carbs, and this is on a 340

I welded up the top of the intake runner to match the 340 head I used. added about 3/8"of alum , then gasket matched the port and opened up intake runner about 1''from gasket surface along the top of runner I use 2 500cfm eddy carbs, and this is on a 340

How are the street manners, and what cam and rear end are you running?

You can only run Carters on that intake so I'd stick with the 500's unless you can actually find a matched pair of older AFB units that are smaller. LOL, good luck with that one! It is possible but it will be awhile before they pop up on E-Bay!

How are the street manners, and what cam and rear end are you running?
I have the voodoo cam 268/.497/.513 hyd the gear is 4.10 with a 833 od unit. in a 73 duster it runs great for a 340 with the 500 thunder carbs the avs design doesn't over carb the motor only 200 cmf on the front sides

-
Back