318 broke into the 11's

-

Dusterb318

Reaction score
Well As the title says my l'il 318 Duster broke into the 11's. I have never been so happy to be told to leave in my life......I now have a winter project of putting a roll cage in. I'll post the 3 timeslips from the day and pay no attention to my sleepy reaction times......I have been concentrating on launch rpm and thing like that so my reation times are slipping. That's next years project. I finally got the BFG Radial Drags to hold off the line and there is still more in the 60' time. I have some more adjust ment in the Cal-Tracs......they are still one the initial setting of 1/8" air-gap. Well here they are the proof of an 11 sec 318.....first run was short shifted and no nitrous......a warm up pass:

13.98timeslip0004.jpg

12.19timeslip0005.jpg

11.85timeslip0006.jpg

Very cool! What gears/rear tire combo you running? 116 trap speed; what RPM?
Way to go Dusterb318!

I'm running 28" tall 275/60 R15 BFG radial drags. For the rear gears I am running 4.10's. I cross the line at 5700 RPM

Killer! I'd love to see what i turn on the bottle mine runs about where you are at with no bottle at 5.200 feet. be interesting, but with 2/10ths faster 60 and a 1/10th faster 8th....gee think i was running lean up top? lol, damn fuel system at the time. nice work :headbang:

Congratulations on getting asked to leave. :) You just have to love it when the stars and planets are all aligned and you run an 11.85 quarter with your li'l 318. Great work.

I think the FABO sticker gave me another 10hp......thanks guys

thats just great! congratz! love when people go fast with something that most people says is no good, thats one quick 318!

A big thumbs up to you! :thumleft:
11's, Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baby! :supz:
Good work! Now stop gloating and get welding. :tongue2:

I gotta gut the interior before I can start welding......not looking forward to doing that. I wanna try and hide the bar as much as possible. Wanna keep it on the DL on the street. The car doesn't sound or look like it can run an 11.85.

That's killer, what heads are you running? What cam and compression also? Thanks for your time.

Lee

This is why Chrysler does not make a 318 duster anymore let alone the 340 dusters. And to think people pay $50,000 for a new car that-even if the factory claims it goes that fast-is not as quick as yours. Feel sorry for these young ones though, what are they going to have later on, a worn out comptuer controll smog car which they be lucky just to go as fast as they are now. Think of the honda s 2000, those are lighter yet but can not touch a 11 second car. Good for you, becareful thought its easy to go sideways in those fast cars. Buy the best tires you can and hold on.

"Keep it on the dl on the street" ROFLMAO, oh ya, with the rear kicked to fit those big tires and that fiberglass scooped hood your really gonna be a "sleeper". LOL

Good job on the quick times though.

moparlee said:
That's killer, what heads are you running? What cam and compression also? Thanks for your time.

Lee

Out of the box eddie heads. 9:1 CR, Straightline Solid Flat tappet cam 220/228

Dusterb318 said:
Out of the box eddie heads. 9:1 CR, Straightline Solid Flat tappet cam 220/228

And your only turning a 14.0 without no2, i just have stock pos j-heads? Are you spinning? you should be able to whiddle that 60ft down, your 60ft on the bottle is the same as mine without. :headbang: that baby outta have more in it

Well I used to run 13.06 @ 105mph (spinning the tires) without the nitrous but I got a new converter 3200 stall and it is set up for me to run the nitrous at the track that's why it picks up so much with the nitrous. The converter cam from ACC custom converters:http://www.accperformance.com/index.htm
This converter is awesome to cruise around the street on and when I go to the track it is an animal. It was set-up for me to spray right off the line and it works great but I need the nitrous for it to work at it's full potential. Yeah I am spinning off the line...bad. I need new tires but I'm not getting new ones until these BFG's are done. They work okay but I want a set of the MT radial drags. I am gonna stick with the radial drag tires too. I also have some tuning to do with the Cal-Tracs and I need some better softer shocks on the rear. The KYB's are just to stiff and not allowing the weight to transfer and squat the rear.

Dont Go With Softer Shocks Just Get The Caltrac Mono Leaf Springs I Have Them They Work Great Also Try Rancho 9000 Shocks That Is The Entire Set Up That John Calvert Suggests-nice Ride

73dart360 said:
Dont Go With Softer Shocks Just Get The Caltrac Mono Leaf Springs I Have Them They Work Great Also Try Rancho 9000 Shocks That Is The Entire Set Up That John Calvert Suggests-nice Ride

Purebred, Bottle Fed, Small Block Mopar
[email protected]
1973 Plymouth Duster 318- Eddy Heads, M1 Intake, Straightline Performance Solid Cam, 750 Holley, 100 shot of Eddy n2o, 904, CRT RMVB, 8 3/4, Cal-Tracs, BFG Radial Drags

from his sig :salute:

He is suggesting the mono-springs Calvert sells that go along with the Cal-Tacs bars....and I agree with him but I can't afford them right now so I am doing it in stages. I am going to be getting a set of the rancho rear shocks here and then when I have the money I'll switch to the mono springs.

Box stock eddy's, huh? Sure blows all the experts theories that the box stock eddy's suck, doesn't it.

Yep....and I'm only running 9:1CR on pump premium gas. I really believe a most of it has to due with the converter, cam and nitrous all working together. More so the nitrous and converter being matched. I really believe that if I was running factory casting head I wouldn't be close to those numbers. The edelbrock heads are far better than any of the factory heads......now if they are ported or had any work done to them it's up in the air. I'm sure a worked over set of factory heads can probably match or out flow the Edelbrocks. But stock for OTB heads the eddies win hands down.

Congrats On The 11's.
Whats The Rules On A Cage.is It 11.99 Or 11.50's.never Have Really Heard For Sure.anyone Know This?

-
Back