318 dyno results

-

340wedge1971

Reaction score
Got my rebuilt 318 dynoed today!I will list what components i have to give you guys an idea where your motor might be....save you the cash!

1970 318 .030
360 heads (587 castings) stock non-adjustable rockers/pushrods/shafts
1.88 x 1.60
stock crank 10/10
dual timing chain
hydraulic .292 duration .446/.464 lift
600 eddy #1405
stock dist.
performer intake
autolite platinum plugs

Results: 316 hp @ 5400 rpm
339 torque @ 3200 rpm

RDP Motorsports Perry,Ohio

Trying to figure out my scanner to show the non-believers....hope this might give some of you guys an idea of what your smallblock might be capable of!This was done on their stand,not in car!

They tuned the hell out of it...that was it....it could prob use an RPM manifold also,but just using on street

Air fuel ratio and timing plus or minus 1 degree, Youll hit 1hppci for sure Did they tune it at all or was this how you brought it them?

Joe

They had to tune it,i never put a timing light on the motor,part of the reason i had it done

Air fuel ratio and timing plus or minus 1 degree, Youll hit 1hppci for sure Did they tune it at all or was this how you brought it them?

Joe

Good #'s for a mild 318. As others have mentioned, Eddy RPM manifold, 650 cfm carb and some jetting work will easily get you over the 1 HP per CI mark.

Cam spec's and manufacturer please.

those are good numbers, i have a 318 i am going to build ,nothing serious, but this looks like a good route.

Nice! Those are pretty good numbers, especially given the compression ratio. Even with those 360 heads shaved down 9:1 would probably be on the high end of my guess for the compression ratio, unless the heads have really been cut down a lot.

Considering that, basically getting 1 hp per cube is good work. With 316 hp the car should be a lot of fun, and I bet it still gets decent gas mileage too! And with that compression ratio, it'll probably run just fine on 87!

Cheater cam? Lift looks low duration looks high. Now it really is a "teen" 316...

I agree on the cam lift/duration...since i bought it in the 90s,i have yet found a simular cam,i think the closet i have seen was like .282 duration with like .474 lift...,i was a manager of a place called "Autoworks" when i bought it,cant even find something close on ebay,weird!I think thats why i am making that kind of hp at such a high rpm,i thought it would be highest around 4500-4700 rpm,i know just enough to be dangerous though...lol

Cheater cam? Lift looks low duration looks high. Now it really is a "teen" 316...

here is one from "Howards" cams,its .292 .447 in/.447 ex,its about the closet i have found

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!jgE6lm2KJ5WBOqDb+w-dw~~60_12.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 669
Good hp numbers!

A good carb spacer will be worth a few more hp!

What's it going into? (transmission and rear gear setup?)

I bet that cam is the 214/224 at .050, .443/.465 grind most everyone has available.

Put a 650 holley on it and you'll get your 1hp/ci number.

Nice runner!

-
Back