-

Plymouth 65

I'll be in the shop
Reaction score
Did Chrysler ever produce a factory 4 barrel intake manifold for the 318? 65'

‘65 specifically? I’m not sure.
For the Poly 318 in general, yes.

I know they did for the poly, what about other model years? Thx

The 318 didn't come from the factory with a 4 bbl, only 2 bbl...

Maybe during the 80's possibly in a truck...

However a 273 4 bbl intake or 340/360 4 bbl intake will bolt on....

The 318 didn't come from the factory with a 4 bbl, only 2 bbl...

Maybe during the 80's possibly in a truck...

However a 273 4 bbl intake or 340/360 4 bbl intake will bolt on....
Poly 318’s, I’ll m very sure, not 100%, like 99% sure they did have a 4bbl. option.

Yes, Canadian 318, Thermoquad
My friend, Tom Ward, won the Gator Nationals In 83, in a stock automatic class, in a Canadian Chrysler station wagon

Last edited:
Poly 318’s, I’ll m very sure, not 100%, like 99% sure they did have a 4bbl. option.
Also had a dual 4 option, I believe it used Carter WCFB's (white cast four barrels),
I think 58 was Chrysler' s first use of the AFB. The 350 B engine with dual quads in the car in the movie Christine would be a good example

Last edited:
I thought the performance 318 engines in 80's cop cars had them, just wasn't positive. I've never come across any at swap meets for sale. Thanks for all the responses gentlemen! 65'

318's came with 4bbl's in the later 70's up into the 80's. Maxi Vans, Pickups, Ramchargers, Police Cars, and some passenger cars all were optioned with the 4bbl.

I had a neighbor who had a mid '80s M-Body Fury former police car. Detectives car, it was nice. It had a 318 with a Quadrajet.

I'm putting together a low end torque truck 318 for a future project.
I might have to start a wanted add for a factory 4bbl intake manifold! 65'

You're not the first to confuse my handle 65' as part of a question or comment!

I don’t know about the others but the cop car option had 360 style heads. Big port. So technically it isn’t a 318 specific manifold like you would get from Edelbrock.

I meant LA 318's....

I just didn't state that in my reply as you had already posted that poly's had 4 bbls and I was implying LA style in my post.

Yes, poly's did come with 318's but I'm not aware of any LA 318's coming with 4 bbl from the factory... Maybe a truck in the 80's possibly, but I'm not aware of it... Or a cop car...

I don’t know about the others but the cop car option had 360 style heads. Big port. So technically it isn’t a 318 specific manifold like you would get from Edelbrock.

Those had the 340/360 dual plane intake....

I meant LA 318's....

I just didn't state that in my reply as you had already posted that poly's had 4 bbls and I was implying LA style in my post.

Yes, poly's did come with 318's but I'm not aware of any LA 318's coming with 4 bbl from the factory... Maybe a truck in the 80's possibly, but I'm not aware of it... Or a cop car...
Many LA's came from the factory with 4bbls.

I meant LA 318's....

318's came with 4bbl's in the later 70's up into the 80's. Maxi Vans, Pickups, Ramchargers, Police Cars, and some passenger cars all were optioned with the 4bbl.

There we go, I stand corrected...

Pretty impressive how hard the factory 318's with TQ engines would run.

Not sure if they count but there was those marine applications too. Crazy angle for the carb pad.

-
Back