318 to 360 conversion

-

Dartmopar23

Reaction score
So I am switching between 318 to 360. I have a 727 trans, and My torque converter came out with four small weights on it from the 318. Is it a 360 converter so I'm safe to use it on my swamp? It is blue with a number 1647 on it. I can't find anything online. Do I need to switch flex plate too? What can I keep and what should I swap. I'm on a budget too

If the 318 & 727 were together to begin with then that converter is for the internal balance 318. You need a B&M flexplate that adapts the external balance of a 360 to a neutral converter.

Reuse everything else on the 360.

think that is the number on my 360 tourqe converter.....I'll be home in a day or two and will check

If the 318 & 727 were together to begin with then that converter is for the internal balance 318. You need a B&M flexplate that adapts the external balance of a 360 to a neutral converter.

Reuse everything else on the 360.
Thanks for the help. What the part number for this flex plate?

Look it up at ether B&M or Summitracing.

or take your original flexplate from either the 318 or 360 and have them balanced at a machine shop.
  • but first, make sure you know what converter you have to begin with. Did you run and drive the car before? Lot's of folks do strange things when swapping because they don't know, and if you didn't drive it but bought it this way, don't assume anything.

-
Back