340 Stroker mainly for street, what gear would you run?

-
Thanks for all of the replies. Great reads.

As for fuel delivery, I currently have a Sniper system on my 340 that's in the car now. I'll start with it but plan on MPFI down the road a bit on the stroker. Then I'll have a well running backup sitting in the corner of the garage for a while :). Want to use the $$ for a rear end. The 3.91 in it now is whining some, that's how it was when I bought it. Want to swap it out with something new for peace of mind. To start when I swap the motors this spring I'll run the 3.91 and see how it runs.

When things are normal there are plenty of cruise nights / shows here in the Chicago area. I'd like to venture out to some further places, so that means some highway driving. I'm tired of seeing the same cars at the same shows. Sounds like I'll be leaning towards the 3.23.

The stroker is being built by a pretty reputable shop here in the nw burbs. The guy knows what I'm looking for, he said he's shooting for 450-475hp. Few weeks away from seeing it on the dyno, pretty excited.

My current setup, looking forward to the torque of the stroker...

20191001_163942 (4) (Large).jpg

How did you build the W5 engine?

3.55 is my go to gear.

However. This is a trick question. I run a 340 stroked to 418 with w5 heads and 28" tires.
I had 3.55s for awhile till i changed transmissions to passon performances Hemi Overdrive Hemi Overdrive

I installed 4.30s, but now contemplating 3.55s again as all i ever do is street driving with kids in tow.

Mind you for the record. I do plan to pull the 418 and trans out and put it into the 96 dakota. I want to stroke the 400 to 512 and mate it to a t56 trans.

Thanks for all of the replies. Great reads.

As for fuel delivery, I currently have a Sniper system on my 340 that's in the car now. I'll start with it but plan on MPFI down the road a bit on the stroker. Then I'll have a well running backup sitting in the corner of the garage for a while :). Want to use the $$ for a rear end. The 3.91 in it now is whining some, that's how it was when I bought it. Want to swap it out with something new for peace of mind. To start when I swap the motors this spring I'll run the 3.91 and see how it runs.

When things are normal there are plenty of cruise nights / shows here in the Chicago area. I'd like to venture out to some further places, so that means some highway driving. I'm tired of seeing the same cars at the same shows. Sounds like I'll be leaning towards the 3.23.

The stroker is being built by a pretty reputable shop here in the nw burbs. The guy knows what I'm looking for, he said he's shooting for 450-475hp. Few weeks away from seeing it on the dyno, pretty excited.

My current setup, looking forward to the torque of the stroker...

View attachment 1715689224

whats the basic specs on current motor?

As far as I know it's a stock short block with a Mopar purple cam Duration 284/284, Lift .484/.484. Heads are 3671587.

what cubic inch?

what’s your feeling on its street manners right now?

I assume you’ll be upgrading to headers or some sort with new motor?

Last edited:
-
Back