360.....hp?

-

hemiduster

Reaction score
Hey guy's,
For my first car i recieved a 1970 Dart Swinger. In this swinger is a 360. My 360 has a purple medium cam shaft, stock crank, pistons, etc. A old steel intake with a 600 carb. Hooker headers and it is hooked up to a 727 which connects to a 8 3/4 rearend.Basically my engine is very very close to completely stock. My question is what is a rough estimate on the amount of horses I will be pulling with this thing? I have recieved alot of challenges from other teens in 5.0 mustangs and tuners and i want to be confident in my cars ability to hold its own.

thanks alot,
Rob

go to the track and see..if you're running close to the low 13's..go for it ;-)

Just go to the track and run it. Part of being a good winner is being a good looser. I will tell you from the 30 years I have been racing I have lost more than I have won. Just remember to have fun.

Chuck

Run it at the track, weigh the car, and get on a site with a mph/et to hp calculator.

I'm going to guess the car makes in the 300-325 at the flywheel, depending on compression. Some of the purple shafts need a bit of compression to run well. Being a 360 you may have a 8:1 engine and thus giving some performance away.

Put a little n2o on it and have some real fun. :lol:

Too many variables to guess. Cam, gearing, compression, etc... Let us know how you fair against the 5.0's. There's only one way to find out. LOL

You should eat up stock to mild 5.0's without much of a problem if you have decent gears and tune. Most of them in stock form struggled to get a 15.50 pass when they were new, 4.6's are as equally unimpressive. It takes ALOT of mods to get those cars into the 13's (I'm talking from 2004 and back).

sounds like you have the potential for a pretty nice car.
you've already got a light car with the best parts.
take it to a track and wring it out a few times.
at some time in the cars life it sounds like a proformance minded
person owned it.
build on his platform he was headed in the right direction.
a worn out 360 with decent gear will give most "hot" cars fits.
i'd have the steering and brakes checked before any fast driving.
how about some pictures?
have fun.

I believe you will run strong with the mustangs but you won't sniff a 13 second pass with the info you supplied. They will run high 15's. Walt:rambo:

-
Back