360 Magnum Head Question

-

FishSole

Reaction score
Young gun here, building my first Mopar from the ground up. I've decided to drop a 360 Magnum engine, the only things I have for the motor is the block, stock magnum pistons and rods, and a mopar performance steel crankshaft. I want to run this car with a street/strip set up and was wondering what would the best option of heads be. I have a pair of 302 heads and I hear the flow is pretty decent after port and polish but would like to know some more information on head options. Thanks a lot.:newb:

Young gun here, building my first Mopar from the ground up. I've decided to drop a 360 Magnum engine, the only things I have for the motor is the block, stock magnum pistons and rods, and a mopar performance steel crankshaft. I want to run this car with a street/strip set up and was wondering what would the best option of heads be. I have a pair of 302 heads and I hear the flow is pretty decent after port and polish but would like to know some more information on head options. Thanks a lot.:newb:

you need to check your magnum block and see if it has oiling for shaft rockers...and if not...figure out how to get oil into the rocker shafts...

302 head is a 318 head...you will kill the engine...use a set of stock magnum heads... or just get a set of EQ heads .....

Take the 302 heads to the swap meet.

IF you do new heads, a power level or track ET would be a good start to know.

You can go pretty far with stock heads as far as a street strip car is concerned. After that, the EQ is a real nice iron replacement head or the RHS head. An aluminum option is the Edelbrock head.

As 70aarcuda has already said you need to check your mag block to see if it is drilled for the LA shaft mounted rocker oiling up through the block. I believe they drilled them until 97 or so. If it is you need to change your cam bearings to the LA style. Mag cam bearings block that oil passage off. Then you will be able to run LA heads if desired. If it not drilled you need to go w some variation of the mag head w pushrod rocker oiling.

-
Back