383 w 200 shot of nitrous build

-

tooslow

Reaction score
I have a really nice 68 notchback cuda with a DANA rear end and 8 point cage that I would like to drive around and drag race occasionally
My idea is to build a forged internal 450hp 383 with a 200 HP nitrous kit . I have the 383 already and this is my engine choice
Any suggestions are welcome
Whats the cheapest Heads I could use with this set-up ? CNC source? 906's
I have never built an NOS motor before

Cheapest head or best bang for the buck in low cost heads? Big difference! There is a thread going on with this via @318willrun had asked a question and it turned into this threads question answered I think.

Most people are going to post a speedmaster head for cheap and Black Friday is the day to wait on.
Edelbrock has the E street head.
ProMaxx has an inexpensive knock off as well as a decent flowing CNC version.

Afford the best head you can for power production later.

Suggestions? Forged pistons w/a wide gap. High lift cam coupled with 1.6 rockers, big tube exhaust, 3 inch pipe.
Let’er rip potato chip!

The 450HP 383 is easy enough.

I’d use the 75cc Estreets, or TF’s if they’re in the budget.

I don't have the popcorn emoji but imagine it as I'm following

Read up on building a engine for use with nitrous. It will require larger ring gaps, and forged pistons. Head selection will depend on your budget. Plenty of nitrous engines run cast iron heads. 65'

Read up on building a engine for use with nitrous. It will require larger ring gaps, and forged pistons. Head selection will depend on your budget. Plenty of nitrous engines run cast iron heads. 65'
Does not require forged pistons though i would not ever use a Hyperutecic piston or recommend them for what your doing.

-
Back