-

66VALIANT

Reaction score
ALRIGHT guys i need help i got a 3.55 suregrip a A833 4 speed and i m droppin in a 383 its a 1966 plymouth valiant, what should i do to the motor its a 1965 2 barrel i got 456 heads what do i do what intake, cam, bigger valves?, timing chain, stock bore, high volume oil pump what fuel pump carb . kind of want a mild car somethin fun and fast but dont wanna twist the car in half .just wondering what brand of parts what kind all that good stuff. THANKS GUYS

Well, if it has a good compresion test reading, a mild cam with a 4bbl intake and carb will do very nice. As far as the heads go, just a good prep will go far.
Think. The Raod runners came with a 335 HP version. A mild cam will give a few more ponys with other add ons, you could crest 360 HP without batting an eye about drivabilty.

Well, If your asking me what I would do...(Muwa ha ha ha ha)
Seriously, I think a zero deck piston is a great start myself. KB has them with nice valve reliefs to handle some large lift cams.
Do the math and cc your heads for a final comp. ratio.
I myself would not go to big on valve size and just pocket port the head.
If I did not have an intake, I would do a RPM and a 750 cfm carb.
Cam would be a set above a RR cam. Which in itself (The RR cam) is very streetable and will provided good power and excellent street manors.
2-1/2 inch exhaust weather of manifolds or headers.
Stock Road Runners came with 335 HP engines, so a guess with a pocket porting and better intake....360 - 370 HP, excellent torque for this car for sure.

what do you plan on using for exhaust?

a big block was not an option, ever in a small abody.
{Pre 67}

Better go to bigblockdart, for some hints.

I suggest a built 360, vs a small bigblock.

A lot less headaches, less weight too.

Not to mention headers won't be a huhe problem ethier.

Those older heads won't do well with unleaded fuel. It will hammer the exhaust seats out eventually.

-
Back