400 engine

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
look for the casting # on pass side of engine 230 best block ever built 630 was used up to 75 530 after 75 these are the last 3 digits in the casting number, yes, the 451 is just perfect, its a screamer and has a rod ratio of 1.80 ,cant be beat by any 440 given same components in both engines..tell him 2 400s instead of the 440 heh talk with brandon at 440 source ,he will hook you up, collect the 400 engines as when brandon introduces their new block the stroker kits for the factory block guys will be reduced, heh,so he says anyhow, I built a 451 4 years ago and the guy runs 10.0s and has never taken the engine apart after more than 250 passes hahaha. I try to tell him to let me checkout the bearings and clearances but he just blows me off, but hes an old guy and hard headed. I only use the 230 block for ultra high output engines 800 plus hp. I can build a 400 with a 383 crank non stroker using a hyd cam and get 550 hp out of it which a later block could handle with ease with no filler ,girdle, or main studs

needs, many 400 blocks can be bored 0.100 but ya need to mag and sonic check,and yes I can get the pistons for the 0.100 overbore

well, I realize in my post I said the Block Webbing MYTH had been debunked....What was really clarified, (as you pointed out) was that ANY 400 is a better foundation for a build-up than either 383/440.

400's have a larger bore than a 440, and a shorter stroke....hence the coolness regarding stroking them.

Friends? Sure thing, I am here for the Knowledgable Comradierie I witness on a daily basis.

Thanks for your Honest Precise Information.

and thank you for your knowledge on the 400s prine,friends forever in my book. take care

not all 230 blocks are the thick web variety,thesee can easily be identified by the larger than normal casting numbers

Well bb66cuda. it seams like they all have answered the first question you ask, NOT. I am wondering if any one has a 400 near CA that he can take off your hands? I think the rest of the posting here can go on engine forum, don't you?

im in s fla, long haul .230 sonic checked and magged 1.350 webbing $800 u pay shipping ,guaranteed .Thats the best I have to offer ,sorry info gained on this subject is fact and I like to help others,sometimes they help me,,, why is everyone here from arizona and california? lol

hemi, that 400 has thicker webbing than any factory hemi heh.shhhh...

You didn't mention the HP 383 we got, 5 sets of spring plates and a few other odds and ends. Then there is the Mopar mouse, he was living in the space between the engine and transmission.

bb I knew all along what you were after hahahaa and the later blocks do have thinner walls,fact, collect them 400s as their gonna get pricey within a few years

personally I have over 40 400s and a few 440s so you need to play catch up heh, be god

good, oops, glad ya found 3 engines for your 1 car heh take care

and to cracked, you learned a valuable lesson, and yes any block I use is always magged and always sonic checked before using.even the almighty 440 lol

Why do you keep dragging me up or anyone else to show how smart you are?

Oh yeah, I felt terrible putting 3 sleeves in a block I got for free.

The thick wall stuff is crap and been proven again and again. The main webs is the ONLY thing the early 230 block has going for it compared to other 400's.

You make lots of assumptions around here and talk down to people you don't know. Regardless of your knowledge, on the ignore list you go.

I don't have anything further to write so please leave me out of any further discussion you wish to carry forward. Thank you.

I do appreciate your comliment though as these other good old boys know different dont yall ,hahaa go whine about your 3 sleeves elsewhere and the bore thickness was thinner for the most part on later blocks.

ok ko prine, so the later 400 walls arent thinner, better if anything as tech advances made a more uniform casting, but can ya blame a guy for trying? hahahahaha take care friend , and you and I and 66 all know the game on the 400s. no more replies 66 got what he wanted 3 fold, ill move on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back