408 going in

-
More progress...

Got the Champion 4 row radiator in via FedEx today. It is HUGE. Good enough fit though.

RadiatorChampion.JPG

And I am fabbing up my exhaust. Here you can see my 3.5 TTi collector dumping into a 3" extension to my cut-outs (Electric valves with the turn-downs not yet installed) then H-pipe. From there I am going back to my Hooker Aero Chambers & more short turndowns ~ as I build that out.

EpicExhaust1.JPG

View attachment 1714997933

Everything dialed in. Cam broke in, inner valve springs re-installed, roller rockers adjusted and locked, engine all buttoned back up, radiator electric fan tested... Now I wait for the drag strips to open & the salt on the streets to be washed away.
IMG_6936.jpg

Everything dialed in. Cam broke in, inner valve springs re-installed, roller rockers adjusted and locked, engine all buttoned back up, radiator electric fan tested... Now I wait for the drag strips to open & the salt on the streets to be washed away. View attachment 1715016850
NICE, way to go! I think we're all about ready for spring time! Amen. - is that metal bits I see gleaming off the roller pin and in the threaded area of the stop nut? there really is no acceptable amount - clean 'em off Mike!

Awesome. That was actually lint off my shop towel. I had used a spray of brake clean to start to clear off the valve cover surface and ended up wiping a lot of things before I got started. There is something to be said for lint-free towels. Its all cleaned up.

Ohhhhh yeah. With all of the hard parts done, debugging the small things is something to look forward to. I could nearly just sit back with a drink & just look at it now. Lots of the kind of stuff we all like to see here.

Ohhhhh yeah. With all of the hard parts done, debugging the small things is something to look forward to. I could nearly just sit back with a drink & just look at it now. Lots of the kind of stuff we all like to see here.

11 to 1 compression? Are you getting away with that on pump gas? What is the cranking compression?

Awesome. That was actually lint off my shop towel. I had used a spray of brake clean to start to clear off the valve cover surface and ended up wiping a lot of things before I got started. There is something to be said for lint-free towels. Its all cleaned up.
why Ilike vacuum cleaners !

11 to 1 compression? Are you getting away with that on pump gas? What is the cranking compression?

Well... I am shooting for pump, but its not the end of the world if that does not pan out. I have a load of 93 in there now, but yet to beat on it in street trim.

Well... I am shooting for pump, but its not the end of the world if that does not pan out. I have a load of 93 in there now, but yet to beat on it in street trim.

I have a set of massaged Hughes aluminum Eddies, hypereutectic pistons and a decent sized, yet very streetable 246 @ .050 .560" something lift cam on a 108* LSA on my 408" Magnum.

Dave said the compression is 10.25 to 1 with this combo. It cranks 195 -200 psi across the board, and runs without detonation on our 10-15% alcohol dilluted 91 octane pump swill. With these components and mods, these motors average 510 hp.

The motor is EFI'd, but Mopar didn't have knock sensor retard on their OBDII stuff. I do run a custom reflashed tune for my set-up. You may just pull it off with the right timing curve.

-
Back