408 on dyno, what will it make?

-
These heads have no extra work beyond a bowl blend for the 2.02 valves. Stock guide bosses, stock pinch area. I am impressed with that.
Impressive numbers for sure, thumbs up!! I wonder what additional cfm, hp and ft/lbs could be extracted with simple tapered guide bosses and opening the pinch some. I've got those heads and used the standard 1.92 intakes but cleaned up the bowls (didn't need much) tapered and contoured the bosses down into the port (in/ex), gasket matched the intake and ever so slightly blended the pinch. Left exhaust ports alone. You say only bowl work, no exhaust port work at all. Damn, The exhaust #'s are excellent too.

Impressive numbers for sure, thumbs up!! I wonder what additional cfm, hp and ft/lbs could be extracted with simple tapered guide bosses and opening the pinch some. I've got those heads and used the standard 1.92 intakes but cleaned up the bowls (didn't need much) tapered and contoured the bosses down into the port (in/ex), gasket matched the intake and ever so slightly blended the pinch. Left exhaust ports alone. You say only bowl work, no exhaust port work at all? The exhaust #'s are excellent too.
just a bowl blend on exhaust as well.

Turns out Brian and Ron at R&R built my brothers motor for his 68 Firebird.
You may know him if you run BIR.... Light Blue 68 Firebird 400 stock appearing running low 11s.
Shawn says they are very good.

Nice engine Greg, it should fly in your Dart. 26 or 2700 pounds?

Curve. I am surprised it went over 500 hp with the Airgap dual plane!

View attachment 1715085310
I'm not! The intake is very capable and proven to be so over and over again for many years. I didn't think the Dyno graph would look that good or go 500hp.

Beautiful job! Well done!
Enjoy that sucker Greg!

Did today Dyno it with the smaller headers?

No
I'm not! The intake is very capable and proven to be so over and over again for many years. I didn't think the Dyno graph would look that good or go 500hp.

Beautiful job! Well done!
Enjoy that sucker Greg!

Did today Dyno it with the smaller headers?
No time to dyno with small headers. According to Ron who ran the dyno, due to the step to 1 3/4 they would be about the same, except more torque down low.

why does it start at 3800 ?
I didn't ask, and before I had thought of a lower rpm pull time was up. Actually I wasn't too concerned because a short part throttle pull at the beginning looked good. My timing curve wasn't all in till 4,000 rpm anyway. That curve was a shot in the dark; I was aiming for all in by 3,000,but missed. I figure a curve that comes in at 3,000 ought to work well with pump gas,especially if you get some poor gas.

That is a high rpm start to test an engine on the Dyno with his size cam but I don't see it falling off much at all really.

Since I plan on running a good converter, hopefully 3800+ stall, does it matter beyond curiosity? I didn't think so, just need to tune the age for cruisearound 2500 to 3000 rpm.
I don't know much about the Airgap other than it is supposed to be a step above the performer as it's performance range, and it sure looks like it works! I picked it over a single plane for better mid range torque and response, and got a nice power curve that is strong all the way to 6000 + rpm.

-
Back