408 Stroker Motor from Summitt

-

dusterforever

Reaction score
Does anyone on here know have any comments on the 408 summitt stroker motors? Good or bad? I am thinking of a stroker motor that will run with pump gas and also with air and power steering. The cam in the summitt motor looks fairly small and should work.

Does anyone on here know have any comments on the 408 summitt stroker motors? Good or bad? I am thinking of a stroker motor that will run with pump gas and also with air and power steering. The cam in the summitt motor looks fairly small and should work.

I don't have the book but my guess it is from Blueprint Engines. I have not gotten any 1st hand experience but I should have bought one instead of rebuilding my 340 for the 3rd time

By the time I get done paying for the dyno time and rebuild I think I could have gotten the Blueprint engines stroker and mine isn't stroked.

I talked to them and they dyno each engine and claim to have built over 200,000 engines. They have a 30 month 50,000 mile warranty

For $3,600 + shipping I think it is a great deal. That engine isn't enough for you, they build more that that

check out their web site www.blueprintengines.com

I have the Summit (Blueprint) motor with the Edelbrock heads. So far I really like it. I'll know more in about a week (parts on order) since I have a carburetor & tranny issue to iron out first (go figure).

The P.O. broke an idle screw in one carb (sixpack)so I couldn't get my 340, or this one to idle right. Off idle the motor has lots of power, but the stupid tranny is slipping, and unpredictable.

I was afraid of the "crate" engines, but this one seems great.

The broken idle adj. screw is causing a lean condition on a couple of cylinders.

I don't have the book but my guess it is from Blueprint Engines. I have not gotten any 1st hand experience but I should have bought one instead of rebuilding my 340 for the 3rd time

By the time I get done paying for the dyno time and rebuild I think I could have gotten the Blueprint engines stroker and mine isn't stroked.

I talked to them and they dyno each engine and claim to have built over 200,000 engines. They have a 30 month 50,000 mile warranty

For $3,600 + shipping I think it is a great deal. That engine isn't enough for you, they build more that that

check out their web site www.blueprintengines.com

My Summit book says 4999.99, but I saw an add in this month's Mopar magazine that was offering them for 3499.00. Said they made 375 hp and I think 460 pounds of torque. Been thinking of one myself.

Blueprint is the performance division of Marshall Engines. I have contacted their (Blueprint) techline a couple times. They have been pleasant, and went out of their way to answer any questions.

I am happy with the purchase. It just figures other issues popped up that weren't related to the engine. Murphy's law, I guess. I do want everything right before I pound on it too much.

I have about 300 miles on the engine without any issues at all.

Prices just went up on these I think. Now 5500 for the "dressed" version and 4000 for the "base" version. Must be getting popular

Wow, they really must be going up fast. I went to their website and it said $6495 for the dressed version!!

Said they made 375 hp and I think 460 pounds of torque. Been thinking of one myself.
You ain't lyin brother. Even at the new prices, though the last one seemed a bit pricey and I can do it alot cheaper myself, it is a nice power package. I love the nice pounding torque numbers on that. That's a great number that says go!
I hate a car that can't jump. Drives me nuts!

I have not heard anything about them yet from anyone.

I would like a stroker for the Duster. But from what I've seen
That brand of motor dosn't make any more HP that my present motor. From the calulator onh my ET's I'm making about 375 hp
already. If I go with a stroker it will have to make about
400 to 425 hp or I will stay with what I got.

-
Back