440/Schumacher/Borgeson

-
The pickup mounts are about 3/4” thicker and have about 1” less offset. I have a pickup mount on my passenger side. It works but it’s not easy

Here’s a snag I didn’t expect. The pulley for the pump is not even close to being true. The outside is warped even worse than the inside and is actually higher in one spot. That would be fine is it was not also warped side to side. The shaft is dead straight. Terrible video but what the heck??

For the money these things cost it is beyond unacceptable in my opinion. Of course I wait until Friday night to try it and they are closed for the weekend. I cannot fathom how that leaves QC

Here’s a snag I didn’t expect. The pulley for the pump is not even close to being true. The outside is warped even worse than the inside and is actually higher in one spot. That would be fine is it was not also warped side to side. The shaft is dead straight. Terrible video but what the heck??

Messed up pulley. Pulleys on Saginaw pumps must be perfectly true or they mess up the pump internals.

Looks like it was dropped or something. That bites.
Hoping for positive review. I am pondering going the Borgeson route. I have TTI headers.
How did the box bolt up? Should be great clearance with the Schumacher headers?

Cleared ok after I shimmed up engine a bit, still close against the header but not touching is not touching

So the box is still close to the engine. How is the clearance on the header?

I ground the ear on the engine to clear, and the header is about 1/8th inch away. She is tight. Again, I did not lift my engine much because its creates a whole other mess of geometry everywhere else. I am worried with what little I did that i won't clear my brake system against the valve cover now, I will know later today

Anyone have an idea of what belt size? I assume I run a string to get my measurement, but curious if someone remembers what they used to get me something to compare to

Anyone have an idea of what belt size? I assume I run a string to get my measurement, but curious if someone remembers what they used to get me something to compare to
The belt I have on mine was a spare from something else but is numbered 15425. It’s almost too big but works for now

I should've went with the Schumachers.
Bought the ProParts semi-fenderwell headers figuring they were better and had more flow, but have had nothing but problems installing. It's been an absolute depressing nightmare.
You're lucky you made the right choice.
I'll trade you my shumacher headers? I don't have p/s

-
Back