440 with Indy SR heads - what headers

-

moparstud440

Reaction score
To put a 440 with Indy SR heads in a 75 duster that has the stock k frame, steering, etc. What headers will fit?

Are exhaust ports raised or in the factory location? that is the first thing you need to know.

Any idea of the HP rating of this motor? You're looking at a 1-7/8" to 2" primary tube header. The raised ports will cause some fitment issues i am thinking.

To put a 440 with Indy SR heads in a 75 duster that has the stock k frame, steering, etc. What headers will fit?

I don't think you'll find any headers that fit that combination. If you remove the K frame and the torsion bars then you might be able to wiggle some headers on there.

TTi has them.

2-2 1/8 stepped with a 3.5” collector.

I know of two people who used the Pro Parts headers for that application as well.

Not with stock suspension according to the website.

You’re correct.

I was looking at a TTi application listing on a different site, not TTi.

Just shows you really need to do your homework.

However, as I stated earlier, I do know two people who used the Pro Parts headers in Dusters with raised port Indy heads on RB blocks.

I don’t know if they dropped right in, or if there were some mods required.

Yeah the TTi website can be a little confusing to read thru. It reads like a legal document with what fits up front and then notes below that tell you what doesn't fit.

I don't know about the Pro Parts. I think Mazzolini sells them so best to talk to him. If I remember correctly one tube goes over the frame on those headers.

Can you tell us what the hp rating of this 440 is going to be, is this a race car or a street car? You may be better off building a low deck big block.

-
Back