5.2 LA

-
How much gear and stall your willing to go ?
Headers or manifolds ?

Probably something in the 215 @ 0.050" range and .450"-.480" lift

Depends on what you want to do with it.
This is the critical question..... the cam to use will vary all over the map depending on the application. Anything the OP can say to let everyone know the engine use will help him get better answers.

I ran a 340 resto cam with that same exact setup. Had enlarged valves on the 302s though.

For the stock head, nothing more than the Mopar 509 cam. That 302 head is designed to make peak HP under .480 lift. That's how they were designed. You can do all kinds of improvements but for all the $ you would spend, a set of Pro comp heads will give you plenty of power.

motors in a 72 swinger - 904 -3000 -stall - headers- intake-355 gears spool - no power brakes - looking to have some fun at the lights. thanks for any input

I'd go with the Crane 699611. Use new stock Magnum lifters and make sure the hole faces the interior. Measure for custom pushrods.

[some 85 and later blocks are ready for the mag lifters mine is - so i am good to goQUOTE="360duster, post: 1971475493, member: 8134"]Magnum lifters in la block? I think it does not work, the bores are not tall enough afaik. Michael[/QUOTE]

.750 solid roller.

Don't be a pussy. He needs .850 NET lift.

Don't short change the OP. Big cam, smash the throttle. All good.

OP there are several threads on picking cams.

Again, because I live for redundancy in my life call a cam grinder not named COMP and get something. Unless you have an "in" at COMP. I do not.

-
Back