/6 with headers???

-
Volunteer, NOBODY flamed you! That is in your HEAD> The guy was asking why you were flaming everyone who didn't own a Dodge truck. Simple question, at least I was offended by what you said and not in the least by the other guy's question. Seems you were waiting to "flame on" at the drop of a hat. Sorry bud, but you seem way off base here.

P.S. What in the heck are you using a thread about slant six headers for, if you wanna know about peopl'e ownership of late-body 4 cylinder cars? WTF??

I've been using Clifford's /6 headers for 5 years now...2 years with the super six, and now on my rebuilt 225 w/a 390 Holley 4-BBL. No trouble whatsoever...I love the look, sound...Everything...It really wakes these slants up...Especially on the strip! Ran some 18s with the tired slant and the super six...Now running low 17s shifting @ 5000. It would go faster, but I still have my 2.73 gears in the back :/

To answer your questions...I haven't had any problems on cold days (I live in WA. State)...It seems to me like I maybe have to warm up the car a tad longer than before (I usually prefer to get it up to temp. anyways). Being that I bracket race my car a whole lot, I'm extremely happy with these headers.

My only complaint is that they come from Clifford coated in a black finish that didn't look or last all that great. For about $90 I had them powdercoated chrome.
n670167606_1607909_7074152.jpg

3158_72160802606_670167606_1733019_606414_n.jpg

I didn't exactly say that, did I? What I should have 'clarified' is that I am talking about the 'big 3 North American' manufacturers. ie. Dodge, Ford and Generic Motors. I am not including the Toy-san trucks, especially the TuRD labelled ones. To make it even simpler, I will NOT own a Mopar race car and have the audacity to haul it around with a GM or Ford. Yes, I have friends who do just that but that is up to them, is it not? As far as only being a true Mopar fan by owning/driving ONLY Mopar vehicles, I couldn't think of a better testimonial. (I should have replied "your point being?")
By your own reasoning I suppose I should exclude myself from the 'true Mopar fan' list because one of my cars is a 26 year old RX7 that I purchased new and it now has 43K. orig. miles and collector status. Sadly, back in 1984 Mopar had nothing to offer me in that class of car. I was never a fan of front-drive so the Daytona/Laser was not an option. Let's hear from some of you who have owned a (Daytona,etc.) for 26 years, with original paint, interior, windshield, brake pads, suspension, exhaust, all running gear and has collector status.
I respect everyone's views and opinions but when I post something POSITIVE about Mopars, I don't expect (or appreciate) getting flamed over it (especially on a Mopar-oriented site). Maybe I should just stay at Allpar and call it a day. I thank you all for your time.

I've read all this and more, and so far I find you a hipocrit and a thin skinned baby about matters here. Relax and take a deep breath and look at it from other veiws.

You say you respect others opinions and such but you the first to cry over there veiws and there troubles to try and understand you. You suggest one thing and then turn around and manage to double back on your own words. Your one of them guys that will split hairs over exact wording of your reply.

Don't bother. Say what you mean and stop acting a child.

You write perhaps you should go back to the othersite, well, no one is stopping you. Take care.

Proof here.
I am NOT one of those 'pretend to be Mopar fans' who drives a Dodge/Plymouth car but also possess a different brand truck. Power Wagon all the way!

Proof here.

I will NOT own a Mopar race car and have the audacity to haul it around with a GM or Ford.

If your that much of a MoPar zelot, fine for you, BUT don't think about ramming it down our throats.

Besides, it's just a friggin truck! WTF, it a FREAKIN TRUCK doing a job! Who flippin cares what make it is? If your choice is a MoPar, GREAT! But don't tell me I have audacity because it's not a MoPar!

I'd rather race the day and be towed by a Ford than sit at home wishing I had gone!

Your nuts!

Casey that is a GORGEOUS engine! I love the look of those Clifford headers, and I have heard good things overall about fitment. After I install the MSD setup I bought the other day from JEGS, the next step is carb/intake/exhaust. After seeing that pic I think I know exactly what I want to do :) Of course, with a long-runner intake.... I miss popping the hood and silencing the rice-rocket guys!

P.S. With a setup like that, I'd tow it with a damn Pinto if I had to! LOL

i did alot of reading on manifold heat before i did my super six conversion, what i came up with was this: for a street driven, carburated, vehicle, manifold heat is prefered.:read2: the "hot spot" helps fuel atomization. it also gives you a more consistant manifold temp to tune to. these are less of a factor when running at high revs (racing) as the air velocity is high enough to atomize the fuel.
here is what i made for mine from 1/2" plate.

Pieces 001.jpg

Pieces 003.jpg

Pieces 009.jpg

0413101032.jpg

OK so on this note- I have been considering a headers setup WITHOUT changing my stock 1bbl intake (for now) because my exhaust has rusted through in a couple spots, and it's foolish to pay for a stock replacement when I could change-it-up for a few dollars more (insert pic of Clint Eastwood scowling).

What would be the best way for me to install headers without swapping intakes? Anything special I should know? I know a few people who weld, who could add a heat riser from the #3 tube up to the intake, without too much trouble. I just gotta buy them a 24pack and compliment their Harley :) So is there a specific header brand I should look for? Ideally a used set would be best since I want to strip it & have it ceramic-coated anyway......

Also, I am looking for a 6-into-1 configuration, so I can run a single 3" flowmaster out the back....

i did alot of reading on manifold heat before i did my super six conversion, what i came up with was this: for a street driven, carburated, vehicle, manifold heat is prefered.:read2: the "hot spot" helps fuel atomization. it also gives you a more consistant manifold temp to tune to. these are less of a factor when running at high revs (racing) as the air velocity is high enough to atomize the fuel.
here is what i made for mine from 1/2" plate.

So real world daily driving conditions, how do you like that set up? I like it, it would be very simple to build and I am getting ready to swap over to a super six and headers on my daily driver.

360scamp,
i like it alot, i have had this on for a few months now, and it rocks:-D. before, with the one barrel and no manifold heat, it would take forever to warm up so i could drive it. now as soon as the temp guage starts moving i can go! my only concern wont surface, if at all, till this summer when it hits 115 here in vegas. that is heat soak into the carb. time will tell. on the note of heat soak, i would be concerned with that on an exhaust based setup without any heat control valve (that round spring loaded thing on the stock exhaust manifold). too much heat and you have a whole new set of issues

-
Back