**600hp sbm block limit? Or is it bs!!**

-
Bad *** build my man.
Thanks. My goal with that build was to never drag race. Light auto-cross but mostly just for blasting down the interstate with a TKO in your right hand and 3.55's in the rear. WOW! The whole car needs a redo. I left many things undone and eventually put the car away. A shop building is coming so in +/- 2 years we'll tear into it again.
With all that you said being great insight, also consider that getting to 600+ with power adders is not the same as all motor. Power adders make power as a result of power. I believe that is easier on the hardware than N/A at 600+ hp. And talk about frequency, not just duty cycles but harmonics. I don't know but even the whole driveline needs to be dialed with minimal NVH. Bellhousing dialed. On and on.
Cross every “T” & dot every “I” for sure. Then again, same for a racing engine.
As with power adders it's continual development. In 2008 The Supercharger Store was my source for everything Procharger. I worked with Hughes Engines because they had the most experience with Procharged LA engines at the time. It worked great for '08 but now for round two I will have things that weren't even a thing. EFI with timing retard and boost referenced? Smaller more efficient and cost friendly intercoolers, .... The thought of twin turbos has entered my mind as well, but now we're just chasing rabbits.
STS Releases Twin Turbo Rear Mount Multi-Fit Kits!

Well I see 1222hp to the tire and live in this thread. So where is the limit? I’d say that’s pretty stout. Unless I missed it. I don’t think anybody’s posted a blown up stock block yet at 600hp or more in this thread and it’s been here since 2011.

I’m a firm believer that well over 600 horsepower is available with a stock 360 block as I was with a stock 440 block. I ran 275 (860@155mph) passes at 2500 pounds before I found a crack in my 440 block. No concrete, no girdle. I mostly blame it on the 440source billet caps I installed. My old R3 ran 9.42@138mph at 2880 pounds and was well out of snuff before the 1000 foot line with the 850 carb and .650 solid lifter cam. This engine has run the exact same 5.98 in the 1/8 with a stock 360 block. I’m sure it has a very low 9.30 in it @ 2850 pounds. It’s pulling so much harder with the .650 roller cam and 1000 cfm carb. I’ve never touched the tune at all in two years of use. I’m not big on throwing horsepower numbers around but it’s held up well.

my 355” (340 block) is no power house but it does runs 9.70 at 137 at 2700lbs with no signs of any problems. Not sure what it makes for power but it runs good and this is the typical 340/360 build. Low 10’s mid 9’s is very common with stock blocks.
I have thought about bumping up the compression and adding a roller cam to run 9.40’s but I’m happy for now.

Anything faster I think it’s race block territory.

Spending all that money and not buying a good block is foolish.

They may live but bet all you have your ring seal is compromised, you have to run excess clearances because the main tunnel is moving all over the place, head gasket sealing is also problematic.

I guess the entire world is stupid buying upgraded blocks. I can’t count the number of split bores, blown out main lines, compromised head gaskets and shitty ring seal with factory locks on 550-600 hp stuff.

Just because it hasn’t shat itself all over the ground doesn’t mean it’s right.

Running production blocks with power levels over about 550 hp is just not financially smart. BTDT. Still see it to this day. And not just on Chrysler ****. Got a BBC in the shop, stock block. Guy says it made 650 with a 250 shot. I don’t know that because I didn’t want to run it over a dyno before I took it apart to see where it was since he pulled it several years ago.

I took it apart and he killed the top rings, blew the bores out of it (took .0065 to clean it up and it still isn’t very purdy), knocked the head gaskets out, and scuffed 3 pistons and was getting after the other 5.

All of that is 100% related to his flexible block at that power level. The pistons went in on the high side of clearance and he was still getting after them. That means the bores are moving all over hell.

Im going to fix it as best I can, put it on the pump and tune it and see if he can get a year out of it. I told him it was block time, but he doesnt have the money for it now, but he has the money to pay me and kick the cam down the road. Spending bad money after bad money.

Just plain stupid. Being a penny pinching miser isn’t a smart move doing this type of stuff.
All I know is mine has been running for many years, probably at least 10 and I drive the wheels off of it. I usually run it NA but the bottle was always hot on the street. Ive smacked it so many times running 91 octane main fuel and a separate fuel system for the nitrous running VP110 on a 300hit right out of the hole. I am conservative as well on the tune. This combo has never ever been freshened up yet. It has a Solid Roller in it as well and I have only had to adjust the valves 2 times in its life and it revs clean and Ive revved it 7400 RPM and it likes it.

I do however change the oil alot. More than most would. I use 5 quarts VR-1 30wt and a bottle of Lucas. I also have emd holes that squirt on the timing chain as well as a small EMD hole in the pushrods for direct oiling at the cup & ball. This is an LA shaft rocker build. Small trixxx makes things live. The pushrods are from Manton and the rockers are the stainless old PRW models. This combo obviously works well.

I do run a Vacuum Pump from GZ Motorsports. It sees 18in Vac driving down the freeway. That right there we could start another big *** argument! I have the raw data from an end user... ME! And YES it lives! Maybe I will start that thread now! Lol

And YES I am a Ritter owner. I am building almost the exact engine that turbodart68 is running except I am using a different head. I am almost done with a set of Brett Miller W8's Power Adder CNC Program. The seats, guides and valves are getting done as I type this.

Last edited:
All I know is mine has been running for many years, probably at least 10 and I drive the wheels off of it. I usually run it NA but the bottle was always hot on the street. Ive smacked it so many times running 91 octane main fuel and a separate fuel system for the nitrous running VP110 on a 300hit right out of the hole. I am conservative as well on the tune. This combo has never ever been freshened up yet. It has a Solid Roller in it as well and I have only had to adjust the valves 2 times in its life and it revs clean and Ive revved it 7400 RPM and it likes it.

Let me be clear. I didn’t say they won’t run. I said they are compromised.

You can toot your own horn all you want, but there is no way a production block at those power levers is straight, round and sealing while it’s running.

Of course, you will continue to argue the virtues of running more power through a casting that was never designed for it because you think you are special or some great super tuner extraordinaire whose talents and skills far exceed everyone else who begged for better blocks over the years because we have seen what happens.

Do what you want, brag like a tool. It doesn’t change the truth that your block is flexing like putty under load. Not that you can get a block that doesn’t move around because they all do, but evidently you have the secret squirrel sauce that no one else has.

my 355” (340 block) is no power house but it does runs 9.70 at 137 at 2700lbs with no signs of any problems. Not sure what it makes for power but it runs good and this is the typical 340/360 build. Low 10’s mid 9’s is very common with stock blocks.
I have thought about bumping up the compression and adding a roller cam to run 9.40’s but I’m happy for now.

Anything faster I think it’s race block territory.
Thats badass. You are a perfect example.

You can toot your own horn all you want, but there is no way a production block at those power levers is straight, round and sealing while it’s running.

Of course, you will continue to argue the virtues of running more power through a casting that was never designed for it because you think you are special or some great super tuner extraordinaire whose talents and skills far exceed everyone else who begged for better blocks over the years because we have seen what happens.

Do what you want, brag like a tool. It doesn’t change the truth that your block is flexing like putty under load. Not that you can get a block that doesn’t move around because they all do, but evidently you have the secret squirrel sauce that no one else has.
I never disagreed with you at all but now your putting words into my mouth. I never EVER said it wasnt moving around or being compromised.

Its built for its intended purpose, it keeps running and it never ever has even popped a head gasket so whats your point?

and here is the update from above.

" All I know is mine has been running for many years, probably at least 10 and I drive the wheels off of it. I usually run it NA but the bottle was always hot on the street. Ive smacked it so many times running 91 octane main fuel and a separate fuel system for the nitrous running VP110 on a 300hit right out of the hole. I am conservative as well on the tune. This combo has never ever been freshened up yet. It has a Solid Roller in it as well and I have only had to adjust the valves 2 times in its life and it revs clean and Ive revved it 7400 RPM and it likes it.

I do however change the oil alot. More than most would. I use 5 quarts VR-1 30wt and a bottle of Lucas. I also have emd holes that squirt on the timing chain as well as a small EMD hole in the pushrods for direct oiling at the cup & ball. This is an LA shaft rocker build. Small trixxx makes things live. The pushrods are from Manton and the rockers are the stainless old PRW models. This combo obviously works well.

I do run a Vacuum Pump from GZ Motorsports. It sees 18in Vac driving down the freeway. That right there we could start another big *** argument! I have the raw data from an end user... ME! And YES it lives! Maybe I will start that thread now! Lol

And YES I am a Ritter owner. I am building almost the exact engine that turbodart68 is running except I am using a different head. I am almost done with a set of Brett Miller W8's Power Adder CNC Program. The seats, guides and valves are getting done as I type this."

Last edited:

& Yes apparently I do have the secret sauce! That is a fact.

Dude honestly you should stop. There are so many people doing it successfully with zero issues. You ask for evidence and then accuse people of bragging. Everyone reading this sees you for who you are. This is why I don’t post here at all anymore. So much hate and wrong info then when people who really know whats up get bashed by others. I for one want to encourage everyone to run a small block mopar because they are great engines and super capable. The olden days are over and now we can make them live at high hp levels without breaking. Even the small Ford guys are making 1500 through an 8.2 deck 302! If we dont come together as a community everyone will turn to the LS for power. Its already happening. It pisses me off because people are told by the Mopar community that these motors are weak. They are in fact not. So everything I know and have learned is available to share and there are many members here that have I have helped along the way to make big power.

& Yes apparently I do have the secret sauce! That is a fact.
There's a guy in Boise that has one of your old cars, when he gets it sorted out it's probably going to be the fastest street car in Idaho.
Wasn't that an R3 build.

There's a guy in Boise that has one of your old cars, when he gets it sorted out it's probably going to be the fastest street car in Idaho.
Wasn't that an R3 build.
Its got a Ritter in it. Hopefully he will get it to run right. They are so good when they do. He is a member here. Maddart put the engine that is in Scamp now in it. Unfortunately he never ran it. It would have been eye opening.

Dude honestly you should stop. There are so many people doing it successfully with zero issues. You ask for evidence and then accuse people of bragging. Everyone reading this sees you for who you are. This is why I don’t post here at all anymore. So much hate and wrong info then when people who really know whats up get bashed by others. I for one want to encourage everyone to run a small block mopar because they are great engines and super capable. The olden days are over and now we can make them live at high hp levels without breaking. Even the small Ford guys are making 1500 through an 8.2 deck 302! If we dont come together as a community everyone will turn to the LS for power. Its already happening. It pisses me off because people are told by the Mopar community that these motors are weak. They are in fact not. So everything I know and have learned is available to share and there are many members here that have I have helped along the way to make big power.

What hate bro? From an engineering standpoint you are skating by. Good for you for doing it. I won’t do it. I don’t have stupid cash to spend on substandard parts. Evidently you do.

Cools beans bro. I’m out.

What hate bro? From an engineering standpoint you are skating by. Good for you for doing it. I won’t do it. I don’t have stupid cash to spend on substandard parts. Evidently you do.

Eholiwatchingathoooooo! You’re 180* out on everything and firing on 5 Cylinders. You need to check your tune! Lol

I guess you’re upset because he has cars that keep running and are way outside the box from normal thinking.

As you know you can learn a lot from a dummy! That includes me. Lol

I guess you’re upset because he has cars that keep running and are way outside the box from normal thinking.

As you know you can learn a lot from a dummy! That includes me. Lol
He is a check book racer I am sure. Lots of expensive race parts sitting in his closet just waiting to be great. He will show us. Lol

I thought you said you were out? I had such high hopes
Ditto!!!!
He is a check book racer I am sure. Lots of expensive race parts sitting in his closet just waiting to be great. He will show us. Lol
He self admits he is not and hasn’t the money for it.
Since he hasn’t the money for it, has never spoken about his experiences doing such work, it simply shows that he is a actual know nothing idiot.

If anything, this know nothing idiot is simply exposing himself as a lot stirring A hole.

He won’t STFU as he should but will keep on rolling along happily posting things to stoke the argument in which he is always right and your wrong even though he has never tried and you have been there and done that.

He reminds me of the asshole at car meets asking me how much power my engine makes and the. Call bullshit on me giving me there idiotic opinion of less power.

It gets to the point there talking just to argue even though I make the final statement they ignore just to ramble on. That statement is;

“I don’t remember YOU in the DYNO ROOM!”

But yet they yammer on and on …..

That is this guy.

Last edited:
I thought you said you were out? I had such high hopes

And just let clowns attack me. Ok. Take your shots. I’m hardly a check book racer. I just dont cut corners.

And for the record, I know you guys use soft tune ups to keep that flexible stuff living. Probably by 30-35%. If you start adding power (turbos are easier on ports than roots type blowers) they will hurt themselves.

Ever had a blowby meter hooked up during a dyno pull? If you did you’d be scared.

Ditto!!!!

He self admits he is not and hasn’t the money for it.
Since he hasn’t the money for it, has never spoken about his experiences doing such work, it simply shows that he is a actual know nothing idiot.

If anything, this know nothing idiot is simply exposing himself as a lot stirring A hole.

He won’t STRU as he should but will keep on rolling along happily posting things to stoke the argument in which he is always right and your wrong even though he has never tried and you have been there and done that.

He reminds me of the asshole at car meets asking me how much power my engine makes and the. Call bullshit on me giving me there idiotic opinion of less power.

It gets to the point there talking just to argue even though I make the final statement they ignore just to ramble on. That statement is;

“I don’t remember YOU in the DYNO ROOM!”

But yet they yammer on and on …..

That is this guy.

Ok god. You have spoken.

-
Back