**600hp sbm block limit? Or is it bs!!**

-
Just go snag two chinese war whistles off Ebay for $300!
I know a guy with an LS in a gen 3 Camaro with 2 eBay GT 45's inter-cooled on e85 that ran a 7.99 in the 1/4. I watched them tune it on the Dyno live. Pretty cool. I talked to him in detail and all he runs is eBay pop off turbos. He said he has never grenaded one. This was years ago.

The one on mine is off eBay as well. Cost me $800.00 . Before tuning on the Transbrake it makes 8psi @ 3500rpm. With the little tire I think it is going to be a bit much! Im gunna have to work on the launch RPM/Boost. It seems to make more boost down low with the retard set at 2* per lb of boost. The initial timing is locked at 34*. This is where EFI and the ability to fine tune everything is superior to a carburetor in my opinion. I would think almost everyone would agree on that one.

I honestly don't understand how ANYONE can tell people that after 500hp these blocks are no good...
Ive seen it on facebook groups, ive seen it in this thread, and its always people who either look like their car makes 300hp, or have ZERO proof that they will fail at that point. I can't stand the spreading of GARBAGE information, really does a disservice to the hobby and those who want to do things.

I made (according to e/t, mph and weight calculators) around 740 crank horsepower on a stock 360 block- pump gas, solid roller, 4" STROKER (oh no, another no no!) with a 150 shot of nitrous on a transbrake leave at 4000rpm. I made MANY passes like that...Same engine saw a bunch of street miles where I would relentlessly beat the snot out of it. Even the nitrous passes were on pump gas (I was probably leaving a bit on the table, but oh well). Personally, I would feel safe with a stock block up to 800hp...Could it take more reliably? Probably, but thats my limit, and thats why the new mill in 1 of my cars is a G3 hemi with a procharger hanging off of it, as I feel a bit more confident in the strength of that block plus I wanted EFI and awesome flowing heads from the factory...But I still love the LA platform, they are way tougher then they get credit for, especially from the mopar crowd itself.

At the end of the day, if you haven't had one of these LA blocks fail YOURSELF, stop peddling the horseshit...To this day I still haven't even seen a pic of one of these blocks hurt, yet I have seen hundreds say they are only good to 500hp, and dear god watch out with a stroker....LOL

Deuces!

I think one of our members is a “closet” Chevy guy. Lol

My original engine I was going to use for my car was a factory 360 only reason I didn't use it for my build was my dad had it bored .060 and I was only worried about heating problems and boost, that's the only reason I went Ritter that and finding a R block is a pain in the ***.

Yes I will be there! I am the "Self Appointed Engine Detailer" in Chris's Crew!! :rofl:
If ever you’re heading to Barona let me know, got my pile back together and will be taking it out. I’m only about 540hp so thinking it will stay together, unless I completely mess up the tune playing with it :D

I honestly don't understand how ANYONE can tell people that after 500hp these blocks are no good...
Ive seen it on facebook groups, ive seen it in this thread, and its always people who either look like their car makes 300hp, or have ZERO proof that they will fail at that point. I can't stand the spreading of GARBAGE information, really does a disservice to the hobby and those who want to do things.

I made (according to e/t, mph and weight calculators) around 740 crank horsepower on a stock 360 block- pump gas, solid roller, 4" STROKER (oh no, another no no!) with a 150 shot of nitrous on a transbrake leave at 4000rpm. I made MANY passes like that...Same engine saw a bunch of street miles where I would relentlessly beat the snot out of it. Even the nitrous passes were on pump gas (I was probably leaving a bit on the table, but oh well). Personally, I would feel safe with a stock block up to 800hp...Could it take more reliably? Probably, but thats my limit, and thats why the new mill in 1 of my cars is a G3 hemi with a procharger hanging off of it, as I feel a bit more confident in the strength of that block plus I wanted EFI and awesome flowing heads from the factory...But I still love the LA platform, they are way tougher then they get credit for, especially from the mopar crowd itself.

At the end of the day, if you haven't had one of these LA blocks fail YOURSELF, stop peddling the horseshit...To this day I still haven't even seen a pic of one of these blocks hurt, yet I have seen hundreds say they are only good to 500hp, and dear god watch out with a stroker....LOL

Deuces!
And he disagrees! LMAO!

And he disagrees! LMAO!

If there is one thing I HATE about car forums and fb groups, its people who have not done it spreading fear and bullshit. It's why I always end any question I ever post with "Please post your experience"...If you don't have the experience, why even reply? If someone asked how much it costs to build a competitive pro modified car with a breakdown of prices, I would never respond because I have never done it...But so many clowns think they are "helping" when they pass along bullshit wives tales, and they are lucky if their car with a slant even runs LOL

This thread should in reality actually be incredibly short. I don't think there was ever evidence posted in here that would discredit the "600hp and its gonna blow up" question...We should be riding the SBM chariot like the badass engine it is! ahaha

I didn’t see this dumb comment so I’ll address it.

Carter did in fact make a competition TQ and sold it as such. So you are wrong. Make a bad video on that.
Allllready did and with that, here’s mine below. Enter in the 1,000crm TQ and a Carter Comp 625.
Are these both technically a race carb or performance carb and which one is which. For me, the TQ is a race carb and the AFB though labels “Competition” really isn’t.

But hey! Your the all knowing one right????

image.jpg

image.jpg

Says COMPETITION right on it.
Right, pictured above. But is really a Competition carb?
Or a stock replacement with a gimick to sell them?
Did you speak for Carter back in they day? Were you there? Because you are directly contradicting Carter themselves.
Enlighten us all
Its one thing to produce bad content,
Thanks! So sorry, where’s yours again?
it’s another to be wrong about something and keep running off at your face

What was it you keep on n going on with and being wrong?

Noooooooooooooothingggggggggg…..
like you actually know something.
Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. But you just keep on falling into the same trap over and over again. Shooting a 5 gallon bucket filled to the top with fish and using a shotgun point blank is harder to hit than you.

You think you would take the advice others are handing out like you would hope they would when you hand out advice. You’re more into arguing and bashing and belittling and insulting and …..

And yet you yammer on laying out insults and twisting words like a dealer at Vegas. LAMO—- correction

LMFAO!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Time to stop embarrassing yourself and STFU.

But you won’t!

If there is one thing I HATE about car forums and fb groups, its people who have not done it spreading fear and bullshit. It's why I always end any question I ever post with "Please post your experience"...If you don't have the experience, why even reply? If someone asked how much it costs to build a competitive pro modified car with a breakdown of prices, I would never respond because I have never done it...But so many clowns think they are "helping" when they pass along bullshit wives tales, and they are lucky if their car with a slant even runs LOL

This thread should in reality actually be incredibly short. I don't think there was ever evidence posted in here that would discredit the "600hp and its gonna blow up" question...We should be riding the SBM chariot like the badass engine it is! ahaha

Mshred, you rock!

500 hp is pretty low the average 408 making that plus now with TF's. The problem is in this 12 year old thread there's been 5 or so ? 700+ hp engines raced often posted, that's promising but not exactly proof, more examples are needed before the general consensus is these engines are capable of X HP. I remember when people were afraid to make any decent power with cast cranks etc.., it take a bunch of people over time pushing known/perceived limit's.

To me the general consensus of this thread is 600-650 NA hp is proven somewhat safe.

Mshred, you rock!
I try sometimes Rumble :lol:
500 hp is pretty low the average 408 making that plus now with TF's. The problem is in this 12 year old thread there's been 5 or so ? 700+ hp engines raced often posted, that's promising but not exactly proof, more examples are needed before the general consensus is these engines are capable of X HP. I remember when people were afraid to make any decent power with cast cranks etc.., it take a bunch of people over time pushing known/perceived limit's.

To me the general consensus of this thread is 600-650 NA hp is proven somewhat safe.
I think we have to remember that there are wayyyy more people doing this stuff then on here. Its always a snapshot of the bigger picture. I get what you are saying though.

Personally with good machining and tuning I don't see why 700hp N/A wouldn't work with a stock block. I know compression is usually higher to make that power in an N/A combo, which can be a killer itself, but its all in the tune just like it is with any sort of power adder making that or more in a stock block LA combo. Atleast, that's my line of thinking.

As far as I’m m concerned….. scientists are mad, MAD I tell you…
Madscientists are the end of us all!!!!

The sky is falling !!!!

I’m joining a old peoples tea drinkers group. You guys are to wild and offending for me. You guys scare the be-gee-bees out of me.

I know a guy with an LS in a gen 3 Camaro with 2 eBay GT 45's inter-cooled on e85 that ran a 7.99 in the 1/4. I watched them tune it on the Dyno live. Pretty cool. I talked to him in detail and all he runs is eBay pop off turbos. He said he has never grenaded one. This was years ago.

The one on mine is off eBay as well. Cost me $800.00 . Before tuning on the Transbrake it makes 8psi @ 3500rpm. With the little tire I think it is going to be a bit much! Im gunna have to work on the launch RPM/Boost. It seems to make more boost down low with the retard set at 2* per lb of boost. The initial timing is locked at 34*. This is where EFI and the ability to fine tune everything is superior to a carburetor in my opinion. I would think almost everyone would agree on that one.

Is yours a VSRacing turbo? I have a single ebay GT45 on my 360 now, haven't got it running yet but I already want to upgrade to a VSRacing 7875.

Last edited:
-
Back