65 Barracuda 1st time GONNA NEED ADVICE

-
Put an auto trans out of a 78ish LeBaron in my 65 barracuda. How do I hook up the speedo cable? If I get one for a 65 barracuda with auto trans will it work? Or is there a company that builds aftermarket cables to fit my application? Thanks for the help

That's an A904 trans correct? I would think any 64-66 A904 spin on style cable would work. I have one hanging half way off my 66 as I'm getting ready for a trans swap myself. If the guys here think it'll work, I can get you mine.

you have a 78 ish tranny?-- a 1966 or 67 cable might work-- I do not recall what a 77 cable looks like.

66/67 have threads on both ends
Lawrence

Pretty sure all the 904s have the same type of speedo drive adapter, if you need a thread on fitting at the speedometer, I think the Pioneer part number is CA-3014

66 cable will be threaded both ends. 67-up will be threaded on the transmission end, but push-on at the speedometer. Or, Speedometer Solutions in Milwaukee should be able to make you whatever you want.

c-130 -- 67 is threaded on both ends just like the 1966--- 1968 they went to the clip on style. (at least on 67 darts)

66 should be shorter than 1967-- but at this point probably not.
Lawrence

Thank you all for the input. I should have mentioned the speedo insert? in the 904 trans was broke so I put the one out of the 74 dart parts car I have with a 3 speed manual in it. The speedo cable from the dart has the push on end for the dash and mine had threaded so its just on there to seal it all up for now.

DarcCuda66 that would be flippin sweet! Let me know how things play out. I will try to check the site here. If you wanna work somethin out, let me know.

-
Back