67 Barracuda (not mine)

-

macman340

Reaction score
Saw this in a back lot a few months ago, then today it was out front, located in Conway SC,
Window says original 340 ??? Rough but saveable, I'm in the middle of my project so hope someone else can. I question the fact the rear is "Not" an 8 3/4 not sure if it would have been standard in a 340 car making it possibly a 318!

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

Saw this in a back lot a few months ago, then today it was out front, located in Conway SC,
Window says original 340 ??? Rough but saveable, I'm in the middle of my project so hope someone else can. I question the fact the rear is "Not" an 8 3/4 not sure if it would have been standard in a 340 car making it possibly a 318!

View attachment 1714981686

View attachment 1714981687

View attachment 1714981688
That looks like a 67 so it wouldn't be an original 340, but chime in if I'm wrong

Yes, 67 (from the photos). No side markers, 67 grille, 67/68 hood, possibly a 68 header panel. Not likely it's an original 340 car but there could be a 340 hidden under that air cleaner. It would've been interesting to see the rear quarter panels and the pass fender to see if they had 68 side markers. Then, there could be an outside chance it is a 68 with a 67 driv fender and grilles (and then possibly a 340 car). Again, not likely but possible. A VIN would be nice to see. Always liked that color. Can't remember the name but the 69 version was something like Honeyfire Metallic Bronze.

Also look at the windshield and rear window gasket, they both have what is left of the lock strip. Definitely looks to be a 67

Vin plate for 68 & up is on the dash not under the hood.
Definitely worth investigating. Could be a good deal. Obviously the seller has no clue what he has.
I didn't check/open the door but did look under the hood and did not see a VIN plate

68 head panel. 67 fenders, but the emblems are in the wrong place. 67 front and rear window gasket and trim. Need a pic from the back to see tail lights and trim. Not enough pic of quarters to see if any side marker. In 67 only two choices in v8. 273sb or 383bb. 340 not available till 68. It does have a 67 grill and turn signal.

I wouldn't be shocked to see 68 trunk lid and rear trim on that car along with some other 68 specific pieces.

Well being that its 50 years old, at this age anythings a possibility. The incorrect 80s looking american racing modular wheels, black paint along the bottom and around the wheel openings, 68 header panel. Car was prob "found" at one point and "fixed up" in the late 80s or early 90s. Used, enjoyed, and forgotten again. Notice the old bodywork bubbling behind the front bumper about where a marker lamp would be located, those could be 68 front fenders with the marker lamp holes filled in. Sure looks like 68 fender fishes and emblems to me. Still a decent deal if the seller doesnt have Buyit Jackman auction fever. It looks complete, and the start of a nice project, but needs work. I bet the previous owners name was Rick. Not because i'm a detective or anything lol.

-
Back