67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
Which A/C system to you buy to put in your Dart ? Will you keep your OEM fresh-air ducts ?

John :-D

5.7, I think only the factory gauges use the 6V, aftermarket use 12V. On another note, I was looking into a Ron Francis harness until I heard they were recently bought out by a Chinese company who is cheapening it out. Nothing but trouble since the new owners.

this rumor about ron francis wiring is un true,after posting a question about it on another site, i recieved an E MAIL from RON FRANCIS him self here it is...

Hi,
I'm Ron Francis and I am alive and well. I do have my son-in-law in charge and my daughter still works there. I am retired but handling the email and some new products stuff. Hope this helps dispel the rumor that we were sold to an overseas company. Sounds like something a competitor would say.

Happy holidays,
Ron

Which A/C system to you buy to put in your Dart ? Will you keep your OEM fresh-air ducts ?

John :-D
:love7:I got the Nostalgic A/C the ZD 220 KIT the biggest one they have just to make sure it will cool the entire car. As far as the fresh air I will keep he one on the Driver Side.

this rumor about ron francis wiring is un true,after posting a question about it on another site, i recieved an E MAIL from RON FRANCIS him self here it is...

Hi,
I'm Ron Francis and I am alive and well. I do have my son-in-law in charge and my daughter still works there. I am retired but handling the email and some new products stuff. Hope this helps dispel the rumor that we were sold to an overseas company. Sounds like something a competitor would say.

Happy holidays,
Ron
:cheers:I am glad to hear that Ron Is still Kicking. To be honest I have herd nothing but good things about his products. So with that said keep on Building.
Today Hopefully I will get the exhaust in to my baby and see what she can do for a smooth ride. Pictures to be comming soon. Lets see if I can shoot a small video just for the heck of it.

What a day!!!! Well got to the garage and decided to get started. As we pulled everything out of the box found that all parts were there. Upon laying everything out measured and at this point there are two pipes that go into the TTI Headers and found that with the legth of the dart it was not nescesary to use. Just had to cut down the pipe that comes out of the X pipe and there it was everything fell into place. Welded the front pipes as best as I could or know and Walla I was done. Check it out. Sounds real good too. I will see if I can Make a Video For Yall. I would have but did not have the video camera with me. Took Pictures with my phone.
PypesExhauest1.jpg

PypesExhaust2.jpg

PypesExhaust3.jpg

Thanks. The hangers will be turned around. I did notice them and figured I would take pictures before it got late. Got to keep you guys updated with pictures.

Wow, that does sound awesome. Is the hood gonna clear that intake? When are ya going to get the shorty plug wires, they will clean up the engine? Once again, that engine sounds mean as hell----I like it .

Wow, that does sound awesome. Is the hood gonna clear that intake? When are ya going to get the shorty plug wires, they will clean up the engine? Once again, that engine sounds mean as hell----I like it .

The hood clears just fine. Had to do some mods on the pipes on one side cause as you know the engine don't sit centered. At the end it cleared and it looks real good with the hood on. As far as the plugs I don't know were to find the connectors so I can clean the motor up. I understand that if I get them it takes just moving the pins over and replacing the valve covers with the coils which I have. If you happen to know were I can find them let me know. Thanks

Let me save you some coin. Just cut the wires you have and you're done. Yeah you have to recrimp, but after building this car it should be easy. Also stay with the stock coils you have now, no need to waste any money on another set.

The hood clears just fine. Had to do some mods on the pipes on one side cause as you know the engine don't sit centered. At the end it cleared and it looks real good with the hood on. As far as the plugs I don't know were to find the connectors so I can clean the motor up. I understand that if I get them it takes just moving the pins over and replacing the valve covers with the coils which I have. If you happen to know were I can find them let me know. Thanks

I have seen the shorty wires on Ebay for about $70, and they come in Lime Green....

Here is the video Promissed with the sounding off of the new exhaust system. Hope you all enjoy it. By the way here you will also see what the intake looks like with the dual intake pipes. Good Looking
:burnout::burnout::burnout:Comming Soon

awesome build! I hope one day i'll have the skills and confidence to do a complete build up like this. Do you have the vilator mufflers on there? thats what it sounds like its gotta be. I have the pypes vilator exhaust system, but haven't installed it yet on my dart. hopefully it'll sound as great as that one!

again thats a bad a$$ ride!8) nice work. :cheers:

Tin after talking to 5.7 I now realize what he and now you mean about the shorty wires. I think I will go with cutting the ones I got. Thanks for the props on the exhaust. As for fredsmedina I am using the street pro mufflers. Upon speaking to the guy at the turkey rod run from pypes he recommended these. He stated that both other ones were loud as hell and has had many complaints. So I took his advise and I am happy. But hey if you like the super loud my props for you. In my case if I want it louder I will open the headers. Peace

Tin after talking to 5.7 I now realize what he and now you mean about the shorty wires. I think I will go with cutting the ones I got. Thanks for the props on the exhaust. As for fredsmedina I am using the street pro mufflers. Upon speaking to the guy at the turkey rod run from pypes he recommended these. He stated that both other ones were loud as hell and has had many complaints. So I took his advise and I am happy. But hey if you like the super loud my props for you. In my case if I want it louder I will open the headers. Peace

thanks. I love making noise and creating being noticed on the street. so I think i'll be happy with my loud a$$ mufflers. good luck on your project!

As I mentioned to 5.7 I am in the process of installing the Nostalgic A/C and hopefully I will be able to have the Baby with Heat and A/C. Some parts were missing out of the kit but those people are great and have shipped everything and more. Its been nice working with them. Now I am making a bracket for the Defroster since the Y that goes to them only has the flap and no were to attach the cable. So I should have that done by tomorrow. Once that is done I should be able to run the wires and then pull a vacum so I can then empty out a couple of cans of R134 and feel the cold A/C.

Hey Lime, Hope you had a good Christmas, and I hope Santa brought you some goodies for that HEMI. I have a question for you, I'm finishing up my firewall, getting ready for paint, and I was wondering where you made your hole for the wiring harness, and how big? HotWire recommends a 2 1/2" hole behind the right side head, does that sound rignt? Do you have any Pic's?
Thanks.

Tin here is a picture of the tunnel and if you notice about the right side top there is were I made a 2 1/8" Hole with a hole saw. After I put the biggest part of the harness I went ahead and used roof rail weatherstrip and inverted the same so it would save the cable from getting cut. From there I was able to later install other wires to go into the engine compartment and soon I will seal it up with clear silicone.
CIMG0113.jpg

Tin, I drilled a hole just big enough for the trans connector to go thru and got a seal that is expandable, made 2 aluminum rings, drilled & tapped for 10/32, cut the rings in half, worked out nice. My access hole is just above the trans on the firewall.

Lime, is that bad boy ready to burn the tires off????????????????

on another topic on this site some one posted a pic,l, of some thing sold tjhru summit i believe called seal it,,,

Tin, I drilled a hole just big enough for the trans connector to go thru and got a seal that is expandable, made 2 aluminum rings, drilled & tapped for 10/32, cut the rings in half, worked out nice. My access hole is just above the trans on the firewall.

Lime, is that bad boy ready to burn the tires off????????????????

Hopefully soon. I am just waiting on the weatherstripping and the rear gasket to come inn and install it to get the car to the tuner. I want to make sure she is good to go. I don't want her to be running lean and you know what will happen. Better safe than sorry. I like to play it safe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67limecrazy/

Well guys no back window yet. Still waiting, Vintage says that it ships out today and I should have it in about 5 Days. It is coming via truck. It was the only one found in the U.S. And it is a new old one tinted in green original from Mopar. They are no longer manufacturing it. Not cheap either. I have not touched the car lately. It has been too cold and I am in Florida can you believe that. Possible flurries expected tomorrow. This is crazy.

-
Back