68 Barris Barracuda

-

Larry Franson

Reaction score
Joined a few days ago. Didn't say hello. Hello. Larry Franson from snohomish Wa. I do mostly engine building, fabrication, and former crew chief on unlimited hydroplane. Have a customer that is having his 68 barracuda restored at my shop(Redhead Racing Ent.). Been a mopar fan forever. Friend has 68 GTX hemi 4spd car, I have 70 Challenger 440 4spd car. Anyway, 68 Barracuda arrives at my shop and notice it has some odd pieces on it. After researching it discovered it is a barris barracuda in pretty rough shape. Customer claims it was done by Barris for Swede Savage's father and he bought it from savage sr. Said the father lived in seattle Wa. Upon dismantling noticed the decklid skin had been removed to install. Did the aftermarket DIY kits require this, was it a dealer installation, or done by barris. Just trying to figure out what it truly is. Sidepipes were torn off but holes for mounting still there. Car was originally gold poly but was black when it arrived at my shop. Customer bought it in 1977. Can history be tracked or can anyone help with how to authenticate or research this particular car. Numbers matching but need correct carb and some other stuff to get it right.

it is an unwritten favorite law that you must post pics of this savage barracuda you speak of....
and welcome

Actually Barris barracuda customer claims was owned by savage's father. It's completly dismantled ready to be dipped but will post pictures when daughter is here to help. I'm pretty much computer stupid!!!

Welcome to FABO and it sounds like you have a neat project going there for your customer. Please keep us updated and I will be watching this one.

-
Back