'68 Slant 225 Plug Tube Washers?

-
Oof, the '60-'61 cars have steering columns all their own, and parts availability is damn near nil. You will probably have to improvise and make-fit.

The slop is at the top area where the bearing fits between the column housing and the shaft.

I think I have the bearing number crossed over.

Lookin' sharp ('71-'80 valve cover looks good in red). Keep at it!

dan, the MSD system laid down on me Tuesday, so I installed a Pertronix Igniter II.

And I gave up looking for a good, LOW PROFILE air filter system. Went back with the old one that's been on there since 1979.

(shrugs)

lancer engine red1.jpg

I had enough MSD equipment fail enough times on me that I gave up and started doing the HEI upgrade instead. Ignition performance at least equal to MSD, cost and price much lower, reliability much better.

I had enough MSD equipment fail enough times on me that I gave up and started doing the HEI upgrade instead. Ignition performance at least equal to MSD, cost and price much lower, reliability much better.

Ran a basic Pertronix in my '65 Mustang six for 10 years with no problems.
Going to try this Pertronix II in the SS mainly because it was convenient and stupid simple to install. That's really appealing to an amateur like me. :eek:

Oof, the '60-'61 cars have steering columns all their own, and parts availability is damn near nil. You will probably have to improvise and make-fit.

No links to anyone who's ever had to address this on '60-'62 A-Bodies?

I guess I better do a DIY if I ever figure something out. :(

-
Back