69 340 carb aftermarket.

-

69DARTWANTED

Reaction score
OK. I'll looking to buy a carb for the 69 GTS. I've heard the Edelbrock 600 with electric choke is the way to go for simplicity and "bolt on" done. The factory carb is giving me fits. Can anyone tell me which model # carb to get, and what I need to know aside from "bolt in on and go"??? Potential pit falls?

Any of the HP series carbs would treat you well. Quick Fuel is very good, holley of course and I run a proform. It's a cheaper knock off but the thing works. Stay away from Demon.

I'd tell you 600 to 750cfm will work. My 340 ran a 750. I only run mechanical secondary's. I can't stand vacuum. You want a 4 corner idle system for sure.

Hope all that helps

For a every day driver...the Eddy 600 with electric choke is a very good choice..

Is this a daily driver? I'd have to lean towards the 600 or 650 range too for a DD. But eddy carbs have always disappointed me.

I loved the eddy 1405 I had. It worked and worker well right out of the box. 1406 would be the electric choke version. You would also need to buy the Mopar adapter for the throttle cable.

I loved the eddy 1405 I had. It worked and worker well right out of the box. 1406 would be the electric choke version. You would also need to buy the Mopar adapter for the throttle cable.
Got a link? I haven't heard of a Mopar adapter for that carb

I highly recommend the 650 Edelbrock Thunder series carb over the AFB.
The Thunder carb is a hybrid of the AFB & AVS with the AVS's spring loaded secondary plate that is easy to tune. Quicken or delay the opening of the secondaries with a screw driver. No more W.O.T. bog.

-
Back