-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparman01

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
If you liked the Brady Bunch, and 'flower power' I may have the car for you! I have a 1969 Barracuda coupe project car. This is a V8 318 automatic, bucket seat and console car. However the most interesting option on the car is the F6J code yellow and black floral door and seat inserts. While I am not certain this is a MOD TOP car, this is a Mod interior car for sure. Ma Mopar did some interesting things! lol If you are into numbers, from what I understand from the Mod Top registry there are only 936 Mod Top Barracudas built. There appears to be even fewer Mod interior only cars made.

Anyway, the original motor and transmission are long gone, but I have a 318 that can go with the car. The body is in pretty good shape overall. It looks like it is still wearing all its original sheetmetal and paint, so I dont think there will be any hidden suprises as least. While it does have the typical rust, it isnt too bad anywhere. It does have a couple of small holes in the floors, but it shouldnt need any floor or trunk replacement. It is missing the windshield and one door glass as well as the steering wheel. The Bucket seats, console, and guages etc are all still there. I am asking $3500 may trade. What have you got? The car is in southern Oklahoma.

Attachments

• 69 Mod Top 3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,480
  • 69 Mod Top 5.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,461
  • 69 Mod Top 4.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,468
  • 69 Mod Top 2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,423
I've seen one mod top car that was ordered top delete. It was in Florida and also green. I do want a mod top 69 notch but I want a yellow paint. If it was close enough that I could drag it home with a rope I would run out and borrow 3K.
Good luck with the sale.

we mite have to get togather and see what u got some time when i can walk pm me let me know where ur at bud

All right folks, here is the fender tag info:

Fender tag info:

V7X END
J25 L31 M21 M31 R11 V1F (possibly V1P the screw obscures it, i think its an F)
AO1 AO4 C16 C55 G15 G33
F5 F6J F8 830 065631
E44 D31 BH23 F9B XXXXXX

V7X = Black longitudinal accent stripe; END = End of codes;

J25 = 3 speed variable windshield wipers;
L31 = Hood mounted turn signals;
M21 = Drip Rail Mouldings;
M31 = Body Belt Mouldings (under the side windows);
R11 = Music Master Radio (2 Watt); V1P = Yellow floral vinyl roof;

A01 = Light package (glove box lamp, etc);
A04 = Basic Radio Group;
C16 = Console with woodgrain;
C55 = Bucket seats;
G15 = Tinted windshield (only, not side windows);
G33 = Driver's Side remote mirror;

F5 = Limelight Metallic Green exterior paint;
F6J = Green vinyl seats with yellow and black floral inserts (mod interior), also yellow and black floral inserts on the door panels;
F8 = Dark Green Interior paint (console, instrument panel), and black carpet;
830 = August 30, 1968 build date; 065631 = order number;

E44 = 318 engine (230hp);
D31 = A904 3 speed Automatic Transmission (Torqueflite);
BH = Barracuda High Price Class;
23 = 2 Door Hardtop;
F9B = 318/1969/Built at Hamtramck, MI;
XXXXXX = Sequence number.

My phone takes pretty shoddy pictures, but I am working on getting some better ones.

ok guys i know this new guy i sold him my 1st car years ago and got a 66 dart post off him hes a good guy

These probably arent much better. The car would actually look a lot better just washed and setting on four tires holding air! lol The hood is nice, just took it off the car getting the engine bay pic. It wasnt bolted on, so the hood is in the shop now. Drivers side hood hinge acts like it is froze in the up position or something... ?? This is a nice little project car and is pretty sound. I generally would prefer the yellow, but the green cars give the yellow MOD TOP material more contrast. (hows that for a sales pitch?)

I am going to be really hard to catch next week, so if you dont get any response from me blame it on church camp! I will check back asap, when ever it becomes possible.

Attachments

• 69 Mod Top 06.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,198
  • 69 Mod Top 05.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 69 Mod Top 03.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,202
  • 69 Mod Top 02.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 69 Mod Top 01.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,212
  • 69 Mod Top 7.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,235
The pictures were a little bigger on my computer. I am not sure why they arent as big on the post here. If anyone needs to see bigger photos, pm me with your email. Hey, out of curiosity... why arent we allowed to post phone numbers and email contacts? Trying to follow the rules... just curious.

unknownsnake - the car is near Durant, Oklahoma.

I just noticed that when I cut and paste posted the fender tag codes, I changed the vinly roof from V1P to V1F which I think it might be. But I left the V1P where it was decoded. To clarify - the right tag screw partially covers that F or P letter making it a little difficult to read. The last owner, who had decoded it, believes it is a P. After looking at it, I think it is a F making it a solid color roof, but with the code for the MOD TOP interior. They were offered three ways on the Barracuda MOD TOP only, MOD TOP and INTERIOR, or MOD INTERIOR only. This car is 100% certain a MOD interior car as it has the fender tag code F6J, and the original interior to prove it. Less certain on the top. I will pull the fender tag off next week and see if it is more obvious by looking at the back of the stamping, but I believe this is a MOD interior only car. Again, if you are into numbers, these are even more rare than the MOD TOPs, or MOD TOPs and Interior cars. At the registry, they told me they only know of three simular cars.

I may be wrong, but I think the Barracuda is the only car that even got a MOD interior option.

This car is an interesting example of Ma Mopar's unique and daring ways of doing things. Its a cool body style, with bucket seats, console, and an original V8 A-body. Its got a pretty good body, still wearing original paint, not a lot of rust, and production figures of under 1,000 produced. And it is for sale... some one come and buy her! lol This car will be unique enough that you probably wont see another one parked by you at the car shows and it definately peaks peoples interest. (My sales pitch for the day) :)

I really like this car and you can still get the replacement mod interior. That is a good deal for a rare car.

Is the stainless trim there for the vinyl top and both F&R windows ? Cant tell by the pics.

It looks to me that is a Modtop and interior. The V1P is for the top. Your 2nd line up should be shifted to the right. You should really add this car to Julie's MODTOP website. http://mooresmopars.com/modtops.html I own car#29, and used to own car# 27 which is like yours green/green with both MOD options. Dave

Redfish - I am at Church Camp and the car is back home... but I think all the chrome is there. I know that there is some in the trunk and I think it is for the roof. I will go through that this weekend and give you an update.

Mullinax - this here barracuda, wont take up much space!

BB Dave - Julie has been very helpful I will check your cars when I have more time (i am borrowing a computer here) My car is either there or will be there soon. As for the code, I really think it is V1F, but would not swear to it. When I get back I will flip the buck plate over and see what was stamped for certain.

Kitcar - I would love to get some of that cloth if the car doesnt sell. My oldest daughter has a particular fondness for this car that she hasnt felt with any of my (many) other mopars! But... i would like to sell the car. I have a challenger in the shop, and this sale will further the challenger. Honestly, this lil barracuda is way more interesting than my Challenger, but Im pretty invested in that one. But as always, i am interested in trades or part trades... its just my nature! lol

Any one interested enough to make a serious offer? I am not married to the car, and I've got other toys to get to. I think I started with a fair price, but I would rather sell it sooner than later. (I have the option to buy a 40K mile survivor Scamp V8) Whats it worth to you? All I can do is pass on your offer, and thank you for it. All I ask is that you be willing and able to back it up to keep from wasting time. The car is close to Durant, OK. Not worried about when it gets picked up so much, but ready to sell it. May take part trades, or trades.

This will be on ebay tonight. If it sells, I will be interested.
100_0228.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back