69 Barracuda Notch, resto in progress

-

CaptRob

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what size screws secure the rallye dash? When I bought her there were zip, zilch, nada, none, zero screws holding the dash in place. Basically the only thing holding the dash in place was a shoddy aftermarket radio mount, and the cigarette lighter.
The vertical window fuzzies (between front/rear) need replacing. Before the interior is turned into a pond. Is this the correct part, since the image is too small to i.d. www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74-a-b-e-body/p4110
Also, the doors do not lock, but i will investigate this once i pull door panels to replace the remote mirror. Thanks in advance, this site has been a life saver so far.

I buy those chrome fillister head screws for the rally dash from mrgusa.com
I'm not positive they were all chrome in 69. They are in 67-8.
If the lower portion is painted black in 69, those screws would be black.

I dont' know what size the screws are. But when I redid my interior, I went down to a local store that sold only fasteners and they hooked me up with exact replacements for pennies compared to the kits you buy from Year One and others. It just takes a little time.
Rod

Quarter glass is correct terminology, thanks, I was having a brain fart trying to remember. Now i wont feel like i'm chasing my tail looking for the right part. Checked out Year One, already placed a large order with them. I'm sure there will be other large orders in the future.

Checking up on the screw kits, its always the little details that can stop a project dead. After the screws get in I'll be repairing the dash, (picked up a PLASTEX kit) and letting the wife have a go at repainting it. Have to get her involved before she starts thinking I have a mistress in the driveway.

Also been reading up on "other" resto companies, from what I gather Jims, PG Classics (and affiliates) are a waste of time and money. How does the community feel about Classic Industries? Are there any other companies that I should steer away from, and delete from my bookmarks bar?

How about some pics capt Rob. I was working in your town thurs off mandale and 528

From MrG's invoice ... FA 4074 C 8 X 3/4 Fillister Chrome $0.04 ea
This screws head is approx' 1/8 tall so it lands about flush with the bezel face.
I wish my local hardware stores stocked special application hardware.
Good luck

Also, the doors do not lock, but i will investigate this once i pull door panels to replace the remote mirror. Thanks in advance, this site has been a life saver so far.

I my memory serves me correctly, the Barracuda has a feature that prevents the keys from being locked in the car. Either you needed to hold the door handle button in with the lock set and then close the door or use the key; at least when exiting the car. This was the way it was with my first 69 Barracuda, my current 69 I have not had the opportunity to check it out yet.

Beautiful car you have, good luck with it.
Andy

-
Back