'69 Dart 6.1 Hemi - More Progress Pics

-

69DarttoArt

Reaction score
Here are some progress pics of the rearend complete, EFI intake removed to began wiring of engine, cover plate installed priot to mounting HVAC unit underdash, New Falken tires and Wheel Vintque wheels, gas tank from Modern Muscle, finished trunk paint

Attachments

• 69 Dart 2092.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 716
  • 69 Dart 2093.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 721
  • 69 Dart 2094.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 699
  • 69 Dart 1453.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 707
  • 69 Dart 1452.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 679
  • 69 Dart 1458.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 687
  • 69 Dart 1450.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 697
  • 69 Dart 1451.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 668
  • 69 Dart 1457.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 664
  • 69 Dart 2001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 688
Looks good. Don't want to hi jack your thread but I wanted to ask you a few questions. If that is the street-lynx setup, and if that sway bar is bolt in with everything. And it looks like you have a Moser weld in brace, did you have to cut any of it to mount the rear suspension or did everything go right in? I have everything you do minus the Swaybar. I'm just working on getting my car running before I work on the suspension. My car will be no where as clean as your car. I really like the color of your car, its coming along great! Keep up the great work, you moving right along.

Thanks, Aj

Not at all AJ, that's what I posted them for. No, I built the 4-Link from scratch, got the sway bar from JEGS, the coil overs from Bouchillon to match the AlterKtion fronts, I believe the springs are 190# on back and 450# on front. The rod ends, weld-in thread ends, and the DOD tube was from Oregon Motorsports. Yes, the cross brace was like $75 from JEGS and there is very little room between the gas tank and the rearend, so I plasmaed off the point of the cross brace (about 4" wide) and welded on a flat 10 ga piece of steel to gain that 1/2" to 3/4" of an inch back.
Behind the two covers, where the sway bar bolts to the lower 4-Link braces, the rubber with steel hoops are modified and bolted in place. Thxs, Tom

Nice.. like the gas tank. Looks to have the return line and elextrical connections for EFI I presume?

Grant

I had to do a double take when I saw the pic of your gas tank, I have done my tank almost carbon copy of it before even seeing yours! Only difference is I used the stock sender in the stock hole and plugged the lines.

Thanks AJ408 and Grant, I appreciate the props.... Yes, it is one of the items I wished I would've done myself, but I had so much body work and welding to do, the owner popped for the Modern Muscle EFI tank, to save me time.
Thxs, Tom

-
Back