69 Dart GT Conv. 340-6pak

-
Those look like bolt-on connectors to me. I'll be looking into those as well.

Hey Leanna,
Girl you have an eye for detail. There bolt in bars, so maybe it won't be to bad.
Later,
Martin

Lookin good Martin...
Cant tell if Im startin to get jealous or just very envious!?
Best to you and the family.

Got the torsion bars back today and they look awesome. I need you guys and gals to help once more with a decision. I took the transmission case to the coater today, and I need to finalize the color by Monday. Since my car is long from being "Restored" and more "Restified", I was thinking of changing the usual trans color. Most use Black, Dull Silver, or Aluminum as a color choice. I was thinking Hemi Orange with Silver bolts and a Chrome deep pan. What would you guys vote for?
Martin

IMG_2973.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you're going to have that puppy sitting at the car show with a half dozen mirrors under it, a lot of beauty work on your transmission will only be visible to you. Just my two cents though ... :-D

The torsion bars look great by the way!

Unless you're going to have that puppy sitting at the car show with a half dozen mirrors under it, a lot of beauty work on your transmission will only be visible to you. Just my two cents though ... :-D

The torsion bars look great by the way!

I get your drift girl,
This is my last build and although at some point money could be an issue,I really didn't want to say "I wish I had done that", know what I mean?

What a great thread, love the car and what you are doing with it. I too have a '69 but it's a hard top, I am travelling somewhat on the same road in the reincarnation process with a few more curves. Seeing that the Dart started out as something else then what it is today. Again great workmanship and attention to detail.

Well today I started re-assembly of the front suspension. Got the beefed up LCA's on, as well as the Hotchkis struts. The Schumaker engine mounts are only finger tight, and the torsion bars are in for fit test only. I'm a little concerned about the oil pan/K-member clearance, but I'll have to wait until the engine/tranny jig get here from US Car Tool to check it and the headers. The Flaming River steering gear should be here by Tuesday, then I'll mount it. Put as much as I could together, then moved on to the console brackets install. Since I've already coated the bottom of the car, I'll be bolting in these so as not to burn the bottom coating when welding. Wish me luck,
Martin

View attachment 1714677270

View attachment 1714677271

IMG_2981.JPG

IMG_2982.JPG

IMG_2983.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Cap,
No, I had already painted it before Tarheel Coatings opened their doors. Since their opening, I have taken them everything that needed color, other than Go Green. I used Acrylic Enamel with a hardner, maybe it'll hold up. The trans casing and other mis. pieces should be back this week.

Got the new Flaming River steering gear today. Assuming the oem pitman arm is the same (and I was told it was), I should mount it on the K member on Friday. Gonna be a couple of weeks before the K member jig is ready, so I'll move forward with mounting the console and shifter then installing the seats for a fit test.

View attachment 1714678097

IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_2987.JPG

Got the trans casing back from the coaters today. I had it done in Hemi Orange. Gotta deep Chrome Mopar Performance Pan and pick up. All the bolts will be done in silver, they're not ready yet.

IMG_2992.JPG

Wow, it's too bad they didn't clean up the casting on the bellhousing first ... got any close ups?
Hey girl, nope and nope they didn't clean the castings up, but my bad, I didn't tell them to. Guess I had too many irons in the fire when I took it to them. Thanks for keeping me on my toes...

Well I finished mounting the console brackets that I got from Redfish (thanks Ben), the console is in and all works smoothly. Now its time to rip the console back out for a facelift on it with all new top plates, shifter, lens, and slider. It will be white with woodgrain tops the next time you see it.

View attachment 1714680221

IMG_2994.JPG

IMG_2997.JPG

Well all and all, Christmas week was relatively productive. I got a set remote control QTP cut outs from Santa. In the shop, I put the Dillinger UCA's on along with painting and installing the new shocks. The Motor/Tranny/K member Jig came in and its together now. Hopefully the transmission will be together this week and I can start mounting all to the jig.

View attachment 1714683539

IMG_3028.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

I had a couple of minutes today, and decided to get out my Christmas present from the family. QTP remote cut outs. These things are trick, if they work as good as they look, we'll be in good shape. Anyone run these before? I've been buying parts for many years now, so some have been sitting up for a while. Case in point the Turbo Action 10" converter, it had dust on and in the input snout from the crack openings in the top of the box, just to ease my mind, I took it to be flushed today, I'll pick it up tomorrow. I'm hoping to have the transmission back this week...
I'll be laying the wiring harness in this week, and pulling wire for the cut outs and speakers also.

IMG_3031.JPG

Last edited:
Well today I mounted my electric oil sending unit and mechanical oil pressure gauge. My instrument cluster gauges are of course electrical, and I wanted a little feel good back up plan for the oil pressure. I used an 1/8" brass tee and 2) 1/8 x 45 degree brass adapters. This allowed me to mount the 1 1/2" VDO oil pressure gauge upwards and slightly towards the right side of the car. I should be able to see it over the right fender. My only concern is the clearance of the oil sending unit to the firewall. Because I now have an oil pressure gauge in my cluster, I have to use the larger bell type sending unit. It is angled upwards and slightly towards the firewall. I'll have to wait until I sit the car down on the drive train to check for clearance. If I do end up with a clearance issue, I'll just take the mechanical gauge out and just use the bell sending unit vertical.

View attachment 1714684790

View attachment 1714684792

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

Been a while since I flipped thru...Great work and some great choices! I like the idea of the mech oil psi gauge and the elec. Looks like you might be able to turn the "T" back counter clockwise to help with the firewall "issue"?? If so could you get a "locknut" to thread onto the "T" to lock into position??
Great work!

-
Back