69 Notchback Mod Top $5000 Illinois. Marketplace NOT MINE

-
Fender tag and window sticker. No torque boxes. I even spoke with the original owner and he provided me a video when the car was new.

IMG_1277.JPG

img011.jpg

When I owned my 383-s, I called it a 383-S because that was much easier to say than it is 69 Formula-S with a 383. Calling it a 383-s was purely a matter of convenience.

Well it sold today for $90,000 and yes, not A53 on the fender tag. BH23P9B were on all three of the coupe models. There were 703 340-S made and 386 were automatics. No breakdown on Mod Tops though. A53 package cars were 325 total, so more 340-S cars were built than Formula S. 340 Cuda package cars (A56) were only 98 total...

Last edited:
So that mod top car, did it have any emblems/callouts to signify 340 at all? besides the vin?
No it had no other emblems except that are on it. There is a 340-S emblem available but this car did not have it as far as we could tell. When I found it the top was black, the paint was sublime, and the Mod Top interior was changed along with the door panels that were painted black over the Mod material. I knew what the car was by the fender tag which had V1P...

Thanks, where did the 340-S production numbers come from? Also, "BH23P9B were on all of the coupe models." Not sure what you mean by that?
Well it sold today for $90,000 and yes, not A53 on the fender tag. BH23P9B were on all three of the coupe models. There were 703 340-S made and 386 were automatics. No breakdown on Mod Tops though. A53 package cars were 325 total, so more 340-S cars were built than Formula S. 340 Cuda package cars (A56) were only 98 total...

So it's a 340 Modtop? Not a 340-S?
No it had no other emblems except that are on it. There is a 340-S emblem available but this car did not have it as far as we could tell. When I found it the top was black, the paint was sublime, and the Mod Top interior was changed along with the door panels that were painted black over the Mod material. I knew what the car was by the fender tag which had V1P...

Thanks, where did the 340-S production numbers come from? Also, "BH23P9B were on all of the coupe models." Not sure what you mean by that?
The BH23P9B were 340 coupes whether Formula S, 340-S, or Cuda. Only the packages on the fender tag would tell you what model they actually are though Cuda models had twin scoops on the hood and some models had argent grilles and some black grilles.

Ok, I understand what you're saying, but to reiterate, the only ones with codes are A53 and A56, (I knew that already).
And 340-S has no codes, just the emblems.(knew that one too).
Where did you get 340-S production numbers from? Any documentation?
The BH23P9B were 340 coupes whether Formula S, 340-S, or Cuda. Only the packages on the fender tag would tell you what model they actually are though Cuda models had twin scoops on the hood and some models had argent grilles and some black grilles.

Look at my explanation above. Formula S (A53 package), 340-S, and Cuda (A56 package) are the three models.

So we are back to where we started?

69 Formula package,
69 Cuda package,
69 with 340 engine and no other packages

Yep 4 pages later and this grasshopper is bloated from all the popcorn waiting and WILLING to learn. IMO when ordering a FORMULA S, you could ask for either the fish under the script OR the 340-S.
Altho @OneOfMany spotted one, I would like to hear from current owners of such a car.
I'm going with it's an emblem option when ordering.
**edit** with all the members we have here, no one can claim to own one??
A unicorn.....
So we are back to where we started?

69 Formula package,
69 Cuda package,
69 with 340 engine and no other packages

-
Back