70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
Thanks, but I meant the sheets with all the numbers/data on them.

When ever you get a chance…… no rush.

Hate to disappoint but it won't be tommorow, Tim's gotta go over to the left side of state.

I've decided that doing the entire car all at once isn't the same thing as doing 1 thing at a time lol.
I'm starting now in the front, doing all my metal work in the engine compartment.
Also this week I need to put up more lights in the garage and install my wood stove and chimney in the garage too.
So it starts with filling holes on the firewall.
I used the metal from the front inner fender wells.

IMG_20231022_144259634_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231022_152645034_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231022_162615473_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I went back outside and pulled my mock up 400 block so I have some room to get work done.
Obviously.....more to come.

Best pull on av gas.
IMG_20231027_184709552_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231027_184731186_HDR.jpg

Best pull on sonoco 110
IMG_20231027_184826127_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231027_184839912_HDR.jpg

@PRH We looked for my 6800-7100 rpm pulls if we can find them I'll post them but until then. Just believe it lol, I have nothing to lie for

Last edited:
There’s something weird going on above 5900. The curve dips and comes back up, then dips again. Any chance you’re loosing control of the valve up there?

There’s something weird going on above 5900. The curve dips and comes back up, then dips again. Any chance you’re loosing control of the valve up there?
I guess it's possible, it does seem like it tries hard to get past the 6000 rpm mark.

Also, thanks for pointing that out. I honestly didn't even notice it. The other sheet doesn't do that

Is the engine in the car yet? Ready to take for a spin? :p
I have not put the engine yet, it might go in for a weekend to make sure everything fits i have to prep the engine compartment. I want to sand blast it and get it into sealer asap. But lots of sheet metal work 1st.
Also need to save up a few months for a nice converter

Just messing with you. lol

I’m going to bleed the brakes in the morning and take the duster out for its maiden Voyage tomorrow.

Extremely…. Was 27 degrees this morning with the sun shining. Hoping it will be warmer tomorrow because I don’t have the windshield in the car yet. lol
Oh jeez yeah it was frozen here this morning too.
I hope you have a full face respirator atleast because that would look awesome lol

Extremely…. Was 27 degrees this morning with the sun shining. Hoping it will be warmer tomorrow because I don’t have the windshield in the car yet. lol
Have you weighed your car?

My vote is a chrome helmet with a spike on top and smoked blue or mirror goggles.

-
Back