'70 Hemi Cuda with 81 miles goes to auction.

-
Nice car!
Still something that will never be in my realm
of purchasing.
If I could, it would be my everyday summer car
after adding air conditioning.
I'm old enough now that moneys only use
is to make me happy on a daily basis.

If I had that kind of money to burn, I'd buy it and put a plow on it!!

Yay another low mileage e body. And to think 20 years from now they will still be coming out of the woodwork. Its amazing how that keeps happening

It's a rehabbed race car , 81 miles? Prove it. I got one with 79 miles on it! Honest,������

"Still, it’s a hefty premium to pay for a Plymouth"

I wonder if that article was written by a chebby guy ?

It fits somebodies taste, just not mine. What's the point of buying it (or any car/truck etc..) if you can't/afraid to drive the thing!?!

Stuff like this makes me sad. A machine is made to run, my car has been parked for 10 years and couldn't run even if I wanted it to and I apologize to it every time I go into the garage. Friends on facebook are putting pictures of my old ship up while it sits pier side waiting for the torches and it hurts to see.

It's hard to believe that it has less than 100 original miles...

Who pays that much for a new car and then parks it???

It's hard to believe that it has less than 100 original miles...

Who pays that much for a new car and then parks it???

it takes less than an hour to roll it back. and because most are restored, there are no signs of condition. unless there is a serious paper trail of any service , there is really no proof other than one mans word to another. we all know its a 5 digit odometer, once it hits 99,9999 it goes back to 00,0000. I know here in CO , you can write any mileage you want on a title, or none at all. they do not come out to the vehicle to verify any odometer reading

it takes less than an hour to roll it back. and because most are restored, there are no signs of condition. unless there is a serious paper trail of any service , there is really no proof other than one mans word to another. we all know its a 5 digit odometer, once it hits 99,9999 it goes back to 00,0000. I know here in CO , you can write any mileage you want on a title, or none at all. they do not come out to the vehicle to verify any odometer reading

Or the old trick of jacking up the back wheels and running it in reverse to take off the miles... :wack:

or just "unglug" the speedo cable? BUT, if you have ever seen a true very low mile survivor ( no resto work ever done on it), it is not hard to actually see what it is.
to me, having a car that is never driven, defeats the purpose of the machine. just me.....

or just "unglug" the speedo cable? BUT, if you have ever seen a true very low mile survivor ( no resto work ever done on it), it is not hard to actually see what it is.
to me, having a car that is never driven, defeats the purpose of the machine. just me.....

the kicker is that when these cars were new, nobody could imagine what they be worth now, and most drove and raced the piss out of them until they were broken or crashed. no body was thinking about preserving them. they were just gas pigs and disposable.

unfortunately , there are tons of people that only see them as dollar signs and status quo. they don't mean a damn thing to them and are only tools to make a profit.

It's a rehabbed race car , 81 miles? Prove it. I got one with 79 miles on it! Honest,������

Exactly. The car has had a total resto. 81 miles, 810, 8100, or 81,000. It's been all restored, so mileage is mostly irrelevant.

81 original miles IMPLIES it is a survivor with original never touched parts. Sorry, it is not.

Original owner soon after buying removed the intake,carbs,exhaust, wheels and tires and replaced with racing specific parts..and dip into the 10's..LMFAO,he removed and added a lot move then that to get even close to 11's..LMFAO:D:D:D

-
Back