72 duster Build progress

-
Can't wait to see some pics sounds great and sounds like you have it all under control, if it were me I think I'd be throwing stuff rite now and cursing myself for making more work for myself :p :) lol, oh well sounds great keep up the good work.
Brad

Can't wait to see some pics sounds great and sounds like you have it all under control, if it were me I think I'd be throwing stuff rite now and cursing myself for making more work for myself :p :) lol, oh well sounds great keep up the good work.
Brad

ah...well....getting mad over it would end up with me getting nothing done because I would storm inside lol.
its not to big of a deal...like I said , it is bot serious warping...just needs a little massaging in a couple spots.

thanks

Great work Jerrod. Wish you were closer to me. I would hire you to do my car.

Thanks, if you were closer I would lend you a hand for free just for some mopar conversation lol.

most of my friends are either not interested in cars or not interested in mopar....so its like talking to a brick wall when I talk about my car lol.

Man, you were not kidding about the amount of repair work on your trunk/quarters. I got a little warping on my quarter skin repair too, but the dolly work got most of it fixed. I am gonna fill the rest of the imperfections with body lead this week. Your build is lookin good, keep it up!

Thanks....

luckily the worst of the body work is out of the way .....I hope....lol.

now I just have to find the time,money and motivation to get some more done. I would really like to atleast have it in primer by the end of august but we will see.

Thanks....

luckily the worst of the body work is out of the way .....I hope....lol.

now I just have to find the time,money and motivation to get some more done. I would really like to atleast have it in primer by the end of august but we will see.

I know how that time, money, and motivation thing goes LOL .. Progress on the buggy has ground to a complete hault.. too much other life stuff in the way at the moment.. lots of turmoil at work, wifes laid off, money is non existant.. and im so tired lately with everything going on that I havent even had the urge to look at the car the past couple weeks.. much less actually work on it.. lol..

I know how that time, money, and motivation thing goes LOL .. Progress on the buggy has ground to a complete hault.. too much other life stuff in the way at the moment.. lots of turmoil at work, wifes laid off, money is non existant.. and im so tired lately with everything going on that I havent even had the urge to look at the car the past couple weeks.. much less actually work on it.. lol..

I feel you buddy.

same here...money is no where to be found (been selling tools and parts I have laying around so we could pay a couple bills and take our son to go see the cars 2 movie).....been busy making family time and doing other things that I havent had as much time for the duster as I would like.

and when I do have free time Its either hot and muggy out and I don't feel like sweating my *** off as soon as I walk outside or I just feel to tired to do anything productive.

I did get to relieve some stress yesterday though!....a buddy of mine got ahold of me and asked me if I wanted to go do some shooting so we set up targets and cans on his property and used a 9mm glock,a 40 pistal,.44 mag revolver as well as a few others and I brought my rifle......was good to just hang out and keep things off my mind for a couple hours lol.

and a couple small updates....

I have had WAY to many carburetors on the engine in my duster!.

first it started with the eddy 1406 that I built for the car originally....then I swapped the carb from my duster onto a truck I had and sold the truck.

then I put the 500cfm holley on the duster just so I could move it around until I could get another carb.

then I ordered a new summit racing carb and it turned out to be junk and the choke wouldnt work on it so I exchanged it for another one that turned out to be junk aswell because it was leaking fuel from the body of the carb.....so then I got a refund for it about 3 months ago.

from the refunded money i bought a new 1406 eddy ......and the duster seemed to bogg out around 4k when reving in park and when I would try to do a burn out it would bog out at around 2k....also the passenger side A/F mixture screw made no difference in idle....I could back the screw all the way out or run it all the way in and with no change.

so finally I took it in last week and after an hour and a half of standing in the store arguing with the employee that screwed up and returned the carb (which resulted in the money going back to my debit card with a 3 day hold......rather than exchanging for another carb like I requested) I got it straightened out and had them get in contact with someone that knew what they were doing and put a stop to the refund so I could have it exchanged.

annnyyyyyways........

finally a couple days ago I put the new carb on and THIS TIME things seems to be good....it revs up good, both mixture screws work.....have to wait to do the burnout test because I have the duster on jack stands right now lol.

I guess from what the guys at the parts store said....they have had ALOT of returns on the edelbrock carbs......bad string of carbs from a certain manufacturer ( I think the webber manufactured ones ).

ALSO......I bought a go wing rear spoiler from a fabo member!!!

however.....I am still waiting for it to arrive and I have not heard from the member I purchased it from. so hopefully everything with that works out.

I will keep you all up to date as I make progress.

Thanks

I have not drawn anything in awhile.....but just sat down for a couple hours and came up with this ......this is roughly what I have in mind for the duster.

I looked at a few pictures of my car and a few other pictures as reference while drawing it.

the 69 valiant grille is a pain to drawn by the way lol.

not perfect but I can use it as a reference to what I have planned .

and of course the car will be plum crazy purple, I just didnt bother coloring the picture in.

340 side stripes,go wing spoiler,69 valiant grill. and I have not decided if I will keep my dual scooped hood and run a ladder stripe down the center or if I might switch out to a 6 pack hood down the road. also I MIGHT switch out the rally wheels for some cragers one day but I don't know....I love my rally wheels lol.

what do you think?
001-2.jpg

I think the car is gonna look bad ***!! You have mad drawing skills as well

Same here I love it and specially the color choice, love's me some Plum Crazy. You do have mad skills all the way around Jerrod, keep up the great work buddy. I know you no what it would look like but I got a pic or to of the Duster I used to have with Cragers I could share LOL. Looking GOOD

Well................................

Looks like I need to bust *** and get as much done on the duster as I can because I am not going to have a ton of free time in awhile.

yup, we our expecting our second child!

just found out yesterday and the doctor confirmed that she is 9 weeks along today.

our little boy is excited.

Im excited too other than I am a worry wart and have the jitters and tend to over think everything rather it be finances , our home, that everything goes smooth and the baby will be healthy, and that our boy does not feel left out after being an only child for almost 5 years.

figured I would share with you guys!

WEE WHOOOOO Congrats Jerrod I know what you mean about worrying, but it will all work out for ya. BIG CONGRATS

Nice job on the picture, I wish I could draw like that..

I can do a pretty mean stick figure though, In case you need people by the car LOL

Nice job on the picture, I wish I could draw like that..

I can do a pretty mean stick figure though, In case you need people by the car LOL

HAHA

the more I look at it the more stuff I see that I missed and need to draw into it still....and ad a few more details.

I might try penciling in some color to see what it will look like too.

it sure aint no chip foose rendering thats for sure.....but atleast it give me an idea for the goal I have in mind.

HAHA

the more I look at it the more stuff I see that I missed and need to draw into it still....and ad a few more details.

I might try penciling in some color to see what it will look like too.

it sure aint no chip foose rendering thats for sure.....but atleast it give me an idea for the goal I have in mind.

Yea if it was a Chip Foose rendering you would have to charge yourself for it, so you are miles ahead already.

That is alright we are always our worse critic. But i did notice that the .....

Just kidding.

Well................................

Looks like I need to bust *** and get as much done on the duster as I can because I am not going to have a ton of free time in awhile.

yup, we our expecting our second child!

just found out yesterday and the doctor confirmed that she is 9 weeks along today.

our little boy is excited.

Im excited too other than I am a worry wart and have the jitters and tend to over think everything rather it be finances , our home, that everything goes smooth and the baby will be healthy, and that our boy does not feel left out after being an only child for almost 5 years.

figured I would share with you guys!

haha congrats :eek:ccasion:, time to get the car done now....

haha congrats :eek:ccasion:, time to get the car done now....

Ill still try to get it in primer stage and basically done by the end of summer. that way ill for the most part just be looking at getting some paint on it and messing around with details.

I just want to get the bulk of any labor done and out of the way before we have the baby while I still have a little extra free time to run out to the garage now and then lol

Hey Dusterdude72,
I just got done reading your thread. You are truely an inspiration. I am heading out now to work on my barracuda. There were alot of things that I wasnt sure how to go about,but you covered some of them so Im going to get busy.

AWESOME!

glad I could be of some inspiration to you!

now I just need to get some inspiration of my own and get some more stuff done HAHA.

-
Back