73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
The stance looks really nice, low but not ridiculously so.

Very nice.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks joe, Ohio roads aren't the greatest so I can't go too low....it's real close to the final set up, looks more like a Pro Street stance than Pro Touring but that's ok to me.

Valve covers came back today... also started cutting the X-pipe for the QTP Electric exhaust cut-outs...once everything is welded together I'll send it out to get Ceramic Coated.

If you need me to weld in the cutouts just let me know.............. :joker:

I decided to start checking off some of the interior projects that need to get accomplished.
Since it wasn't raining for a change I decided it was a good day to paint the Center Console, I think I'm going to Polish the Aluminum trim pieces instead of painting them.
I also started making the Door panels, I stripped the Vinyl off the original backing boards and used them as templates to get the sizing exactly right and also eliminate all the unused holes then started picking up the location of the relocated door handles and armrest...now I just have to think of a nice design to have stitched in to the panels.
I also reassembled the valve covers and got the car back in the air for more Chaos. Enjoy

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 852
  • 027.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 838
  • 026.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 799
  • 012.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 819
  • 005.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 827
  • 008.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 822
  • 007.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 848
  • 021.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 807
  • 015.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 839
Hey Ross, here's a link to the trans pan from Mopar Performance I just added. It says it's holds an additional quart, but I'd think its more then that. Best guess without measuring is that it's 2.5" deep.
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/dcc-3690730ab/overview/

And a pic to click

Thanks Rod....I'm going to measure the depth of mine and once I get the final stance, about 1" lower in rear, I'll see where I'm at for clearance.

Looking forward to meeting you and checking out the Demon in about a month.

Welcome Ross,,,and sadly my job is shafting us out of going to the Nats. Rumors going around that the work isn't going to last much past the end of August, then who knows. Definitely to iffy to give up 2-3 weeks worth of work and come home to sit after spending. But if I can win lotto in next 2 weeks we'll be there, lol.

Welcome Ross,,,and sadly my job is shafting us out of going to the Nats. Rumors going around that the work isn't going to last much past the end of August, then who knows. Definitely to iffy to give up 2-3 weeks worth of work and come home to sit after spending. But if I can win lotto in next 2 weeks we'll be there, lol.

Bummer Rod..well there's always next year, and I promise the Duster will be done.

Howdy Ross. Been out for a while and thought I better get caught up.Exceptional job. I sat down with six drool towels and they are all used up. Love the stance but I'm partial to the pro street look. Bumpers look good. She's going to be a breathe taker. WOW!!!:coffee2:

Looking forward to see what you do with the door panels.

Looking forward to see what you do with the door panels.

Me too...this is new territory for me, I'm going to consult with my upholstery lady and get some guidance on building them up and giving them some depth.

Black leather built up with some sort of padding and stitching (hopefully not diamond patterned as that's been done to many times now), aluminum inserts recessed painted to match the gunmetal color on the rest of the car with red pin striping. at least this is what my genie is telling me.

Looking forward to see how the interior turns out, gunna be top notch no matter what, that much is obvious.

Black leather built up with some sort of padding and stitching (hopefully not diamond patterned as that's been done to many times now), aluminum inserts recessed painted to match the gunmetal color on the rest of the car with red pin striping. at least this is what my genie is telling me.

Looking forward to see how the interior turns out, gunna be top notch no matter what, that much is obvious.

Your close...the panels will match the seat material , Black Suede and Cloth with Red stitching. Although I am going to think about your Gunmetal idea before I make a final decision.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 646
  • dart%20017.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 603
  • dart%20019.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 614
Howdy Ross. Been out for a while and thought I better get caught up.Exceptional job. I sat down with six drool towels and they are all used up. Love the stance but I'm partial to the pro street look. Bumpers look good. She's going to be a breathe taker. WOW!!!:coffee2:

Thanks..I thought maybe I ticked you off or you hated the direction the build is going since I haven't received any comments in a while. Glad to have you back, hope everything's been alright on your end.

Your close...the panels will match the seat material , Black Suede and Cloth with Red stitching. Although I am going to think about your Gunmetal idea before I make a final decision.

Just a thought from the cheap seats.......you might want to mock up with the rear seat in place.....just to keep your design from running into the seat.....unless that is the plan.

Just a thought from the cheap seats.......you might want to mock up with the rear seat in place.....just to keep your design from running into the seat.....unless that is the plan.

Thanks for looking out for me Denny to make sure I don't make another screw up. But a full rear seat mock up is in the grand plan....

been there....always nice to have a second set of eyeballs whether needed or not.

I dropped off my rear glass a week ago to get tinted along with the radiator to get pressure checked, now both are installed for good...chipping away at the long list of things that need done. Remote water pump and lines also installed. Heck it almost looks like a car that could be ready for the Nats in 3 weeks. Hmmm....

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 025.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 578
  • 016.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 543
  • 017.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 006.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 581
  • 004.jpg