73 DART vs C5 CORVETTE...annihilation more like it.

You've got a 73 Dart Sport, what do you go with...Big Block or Small Block?

• NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT...BIG BLOCK

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • NUTHIN BEATS A HIGH WINDING 340!!!!

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • I wanna put an LS Motor in, it'll be FUN...just like my old Camaro.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Go to the dealer, drop big bucks on Corvette and become the fastest Guy in the neighborhood......NOT!!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaqFI8WLfJI"]Dodge Dart 340 VS. C5 Corvette - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• DARTSY.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 390
No vote here, a drive by with loud exhaust is a waste of time. ( you either double clutched ,or hit the rev limiter in second,on the high end. ) Find someone who actually races,or get track video...

It was for the Vette, not so much for the MoPar.

Dart gave him every advantage. Rolling start and the dart has a bog. Vette hit the limiter. There was nothing left on the table. I'd love to read the excuses on the C5 forum......

That Corvette was barely moving.

As the owner of a 68 340 cuda and an 06 LS2 Corvette I can tell you for a fact that the 340 will lose every time.

As the owner of a 68 340 cuda and an 06 LS2 Corvette I can tell you for a fact that the 340 will lose every time.

maybe it would loose against a LS2 but they said C5. slight difference there don't ya think

compare apples to apples
I don't think the 06 is a c5, I think it stopped in 04 there is a major difference between the c5 gen and later models I know there is HP wise.

the 68 cuda 340 vs 68 vette to a mid to late 80's vette would be a closer call.
here is a link to the corvette HP ratings.
http://www.corvette-web-central.com/CorvetteHorsepower.html

The Vette would walk all over the 340 car. Sorry, that's just how it is. The Vette is measured in NET horsepower, while the 340 car was measured in GROSS horsepower. Ultimately, that means the Vette has much more.

For a streeter;(cuz that;s all I know)
since the advent of the Magnums,and since it's been proven time and again that on the street,the 360crank lives at the same rpms as the steel cranks; In my mind, the stock-stroke 340 is now much less desirable than it once was.( I still have 4 or 5 in storage)
360 cubes is hard to best as an overall package; in terms of serviceability,weight, cost to build,powertrain survival,just the right amount of torque and power,etc. In a light-weight A, they can be Dynomite! I can only imagine the performance of a stroked SBM.
So if you add the stroked-340, I'd vote on that. But if you add stroked-Magnum360 to your poll, I'd change my vote to that.Vote still withheld.

Loved my 340's..but a properly built "stock stroked" 360 will get the job done no problem..

I'd take that 'vette on - no shot in the vid of the speeds reached, but it didn't look like they went all that fast...

-
Back