**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Are you using seat saver rear bars?

I like them and use a j shaped kicker bar from where the seat saver bars to the rear of the trunk.

Hey I got some work done today as well... LOL

Are you using seat saver rear bars?

I like them and use a j shaped kicker bar from where the seat saver bars to the rear of the trunk.

Hey I got some work done today as well... LOL

Seat saver? Got a pic of it?

The rear bars will follow the headliner then down into the trunk through the very rear of the speaker cut outs to get them as far back as possible in the trunk.

Glad you got some stuff done!

The rear bars that follow the headliner are seat saver style bars.

Run a J bar pretty high up on those bars and turn them down where a set of straight bars from the main hoop would land.

Seat saver? Got a pic of it?

The rear bars will follow the headliner then down into the trunk through the very rear of the speaker cut outs to get them as far back as possible in the trunk.

Glad you got some stuff done!

The bars I told you about

Happenings…… The Halo is wrong and will not fit. They are taking the one they sent back and bending me a new one as pictured. I added the 2" pop out in it so it follows the roof line better. He is charging me $15.00 for the extra bend….. Lol

Alston called me to tell me the only thing they can ship now is the swing out for the back seat access. The door swing out clevis's are out 2 weeks.

I am going to order up the seat belts here soon. I am getting Crow's with sewn in pads for over the shoulders. 5pt with the fancy quick connect latch.

See Link….. http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/crow-racing-restraint.html

View attachment Halo Bar.jpg

On another note. Bought the wife a new car today…. This is for all you Haters.
Ford Explorer, Fully Loaded, 2 moon roofs etc, there are so many gadgets and gizmos in the car I think I would crash it…… and it is too damn quite. Can't hear anything.

View attachment php9ivkSJPM.jpg

On another note. Bought the wife a new car today…. This is for all you Haters.
Ford Explorer, Fully Loaded, 2 moon roofs etc, there are so many gadgets and gizmos in the car I think I would crash it…… and it is too damn quite. Can't hear anything.

View attachment 1714696167

New cars are awesome! Don't matter what brand it is. 8)

I'd buy a new Ford over a new Chrysler any day except the diesel trucks, that would be a toss up.

I have had the F350 Diesel, Excursion Diesel and I had a 2500HD Duramax. The only one I have not had is the Dodge. The new Dodge looks mean as heck. If I was to buy a new diesel PU it would be a tough choice.

Hey Louis,I see you bought the wife a new stove too(behind your car in your avatar)LMAO.:happy6:

Nice Explorer! Yesterday they were showing the new Ford Edge at my plant.Looks nice,but like you said...too many electronic gadgets.

Hey Louis,I see you bought the wife a new stove too(behind your car in your avatar)LMAO.:happy6:

Nice Explorer! Yesterday they were showing the new Ford Edge at my plant.Looks nice,but like you said...too many electronic gadgets.

The stove or "Coffin" is my daily run around car which I hardly ever use. I am actually going to sell it along with a Ford Ranger that sits too much also. I will be getting my wife's old car for a daily runner. 09 Altima…… I get the left overs! Lol That $ from the Scion and the Ranger will go to buy one of my Daughter's a car. Of course a chick car like a VW Beetle or Jetta.

The stove or "Coffin" is my daily run around car which I hardly ever use. I am actually going to sell it along with a Ford Ranger that sits too much also. I will be getting my wife's old car for a daily runner. 09 Altima…… I get the left overs! Lol That $ from the Scion and the Ranger will go to buy one of my Daughter's a car. Of course a chick car like a VW Beetle or Jetta.

or Mustang :D

or Mustang :D

Yes. I am paying for 2 College Tuitions right now. My Son goes to the Juilliard School of Music in NY. The lease on his Apt is $1850 month plus living expenses. Daughter goes here close to home so it is less expensive but you get the picture. I got over 5K per month College bills. Only a couple years left but there will be 1 Year where I have 3 in College at the same time. At some point a newer Mustang GT 500 662HP or possibly the Hellcat Challenger 650+ version will be in my garage!

You young guns with kids save your bucks now cause if you are going to help them it is going to cost a lot of $$ even with a 26K per year scholarship like my son got……

Rant over

New Halo is on its way Via UPS. He did charge me $15.00 for the custom bend but no shipping which is cool with me. Other Halo has a Call Tag for UPS Pick up also.

Yes. I am paying for 2 College Tuitions right now. My Son goes to the Juilliard School of Music in NY. The lease on his Apt is $1850 month plus living expenses. Daughter goes here close to home so it is less expensive but you get the picture. I got over 5K per month College bills. Only a couple years left but there will be 1 Year where I have 3 in College at the same time. At some point a newer Mustang GT 500 662HP or possibly the Hellcat Challenger 650+ version will be in my garage!

You young guns with kids save your bucks now cause if you are going to help them it is going to cost a lot of $$ even with a 26K per year scholarship like my son got……

Rant over

Oh trust me I know. Which is why I hope the kids I plan to have play some kind of sport or have an activity that will help out. But luckily that is a ways away for me.

who says theres a recession!LOL, keep up the good work, those aren't my favorite looking a bodies but I have to admit it looks very cool. there was a guy with a tan 73 that used to race at e town, he had SHRIMP SCAMPY painted on the doors. there aren't to many street strip 73 scamps around which makes it even cooler. MARK

Gathering more parts.

I picked up a new Ford 9" Nodular Iron Yukon case from one of my
friends. It had been sitting in his shop for awhile not being used & still
In the original box. Also bought a 35 Spline Spool. After I decide which
gear I'll order the rest of the goodies to finish up the 3rd member. I'm thinking 4:30's with the Juice & 28" tall tire.

Just bought the rest of the 3rd member stuff for the 9"…….

Daytona Pinion Support, Install Kit with bearings etc. Billet Steel 1350 Yoke, 4.30 Gear Set, New Pinion Nut etc……..

My Valve Body is still not here…… Joe has disappeared on me as of right now. Can not get ahold of him.

Going to Barona tomorrow…… My buddies got some fast *** Chevy's. One of the cars is a 4 Door Nova, absolutely beautiful car in and out. SBC 13:1 Compression on 2 Kits. He is running 5.92's in the 1/8th. Caltrac car. Stock Block, he is squirting about 350 of NOS hitting those numbers. He is bumping one system to 350 tomorrow out of the hole and progressively going to add 100 more down the track. We are all betting that he BLOWS the fckrrr up. His plugs are on the freckle before the extra 100 hit. He is SQUEEZING it to the maxxxx….. Lol

-
Back