$9,500 luggage rack

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
NOS my ***. Must be made of GOLD. Insane.

See this link for a $9,500 LUGGAGE RACK. Free shipping too! Hope it's by Armored Vehicle.

Read some of the questions at the bottom, they rip this guy.

That`s Frank Mitchell and I`ve dealt with him before. He asked a fair price for a fair product when I bought from him and he generally knows what the market will bear on his rare items. The thing I don`t understand is how does someone come to a price when selling something like that? It`s not as if you can research the last dozen that sold because they just don`t exist. Do you arbitrarily put a high price on it and see if anyone bites?

I know they came on mopars in the past,which I am fine with.But to pay 9500 to put that ugly thing on a mopar is like turning down a free date with Carmen Electra to pay for a date with Rosie Odonnel:puke:

Any item is only worth what someone else will pay for it. I think we all agree that $9500 is laughable, but there are lots of people out there who have more money than brains.

What do you expect from a guy who uses fmmpar,"fcuk me mopar" as his selling name

Guys, look at it again - it's got free shipping! That's got to be worth, what, $25 or so...
C

Do you arbitrarily put a high price on it and see if anyone bites?

I would have to say YES.... there is more than likely some dumbass that will pay that price for it.. you just don't ever know. But to put those high prices up there and let us guys that know better makes him look like a ***.

One of those racks came on my 71 'Cuda I bought in High School. I thought it was ugly as stink so I pulled it off, plugged the holes with plastic plugs and threw the rack away.

If that's not enough, our high school used those driving stimulators (what we called them). There was a trailer full of them and I'll bet they paid to have them removed.

One man's junk and all...

He is one of those famous "power sellers" on E-bay. I have a friend who does this also but he just jacks up the shipping to very unreasonable prices to get out of paying commission to e-bay (they only charge on the selling price of the items). I also found a totally rotted out '55 chevy frame (yeah, just the frame) for $5000.00 which was advertised as an excellent mock-up for restoring your classic car. I sent him an e-mail and was informed that I have no idea what it takes to restore a classic car. I guess I do since I own 2 of them. I guess this is what free enterprize is all about. I hope these @#$%@#$ sleep good at night. Now I feel better since I vented. lol

I just looked thru a lot of his stuff. He does have 1 3/4 brake shoes for $25.

That's worse than being charged 6 grand for a basic base/clear recoat on your perfect Classic Mopar..............

Moly.....................I wouldn't WANT that thing on any of those cars........even if I had to have it to be perfect numbers matching, it seems like it would be the "kiss of death" to any real money for my car when sold.........

Most buyers would be thinkin', "How do I get RID of that dang thing?"

I don't do a ton of business on e-bay but when I clicked the link I knew I recognized the name. I checked my purchases and sure enough I bought a bezel for my thumb wheel radio from that guy. I paid $30.00 which I'm sure it too high for what I got but I figured $30.00 is only 6 trips to Taco Bell. I decided I could trade eating fast food for a couple of weeks for the bezel.

I do want the steering wheel off one of his driving simulators for my car though, what's a good price for one of those and what is the correct name for that wheel??

The wheel for a 70 is slightly different than for a 69 and earlier. It's because the column is different.

actually I think the wheel is the same, but the part that the horn button mounts to is different

I personally also liked the 66 charger tail light bezels (3 of the 4 pieces) for $2195 perside.

$9500.00?????????
Shame On Him For Asking That Much .
Shame On The Fool That Pays That Much.

Funny, someone would have to pay me to put that on my car.

According to my feeble math and Frank's pithy reply the rack is worth around 6% of the value of the hypothetical car.
Does that sound like such a good return on the part's investment?

Q: This item is a luggage rack not the whole car. Thanks
Answered on Nov-25-08
A: WoW! You are right. A NOS Cuda would have to be worth $150,000.00, even with a slant six!

-
Back