904 Speedometer Drive Gear Setting

-

darc1722

Reaction score
I have a speedo drive gear on my 904 transmission that is not spinning the cable I think it's not set correctly as the hold down bracket was loose. (I also verifid the speedometer is working by using a drill on the cable.) Do I need to drain the transmission fluid to work on this or can I adust it without removing it. I can rotate the assembly and there looks like there's three possible positions but I don't want to strip the gears. Anyone dealt with this before? What's the correct way to set this without damaging the gears? Thanks

I have a speedo drive gear on my 904 transmission that is not spinning the cable I think it's not set correctly as the hold down bracket was loose. (I also verifid the speedometer is working by using a drill on the cable.) Do I need to drain the transmission fluid to work on this or can I adust it without removing it. I can rotate the assembly and there looks like there's three possible positions but I don't want to strip the gears. Anyone dealt with this before? What's the correct way to set this without damaging the gears? Thanks

See this thread that is running on this subject right now.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=195045

Checkd value on gear wheel and line up bracket to same value and everything worked, thanks.

-
Back