A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
With comments like that I wont reply any more to this post, Great work Alex, I removed myself from the is thread...

Rude comment?? Come on... I was just saying you guys use a lot of them same parts, not saying that's a bad thing at all! I love both of y'all's cars and I was just pullin legs. That's why I put the "lol" after it.

Richard, I have met 75slant6....I am absolutely sure he meant no harm by his comment. I never took offense. I mean there is only so many parts one can choose and we have happened to like and chosen some of the same parts, just means we like the same badass stuff. It's all good. I enjoy your posts Richard, so don't leave.

Thanks

Alex

That's kinda like how I did mine....I got a Shipping dolly from harbor freight and rolled the Trans up to it and bolted it all together and installed as a whole unit....

Don't make fun of my Winter Gear.....lol
150191_2683697070340_1293744356_n.jpg

Good to see you back Richard. I intend on putting my engine/trans all in as "one" as you did. Saving my pennies to purchase the heads!!!

Hey Alex, is you're suspension completely installed/torqued? Are you using headers or manifolds? If your suspension isn't all torqued (and maybe even if it is) and if you're using headers I'd suggest dropping the suspension, bolt the engine and trans to it and put it all in from underneath. I pulled my 318/904 like that and will be putting my 5.9/5 speed back in that way. Less chance of scratching paint, don't have to fight the headers and it's easier to do if you're working alone.

Yup, Slant, agree, it will be considered for sure. Honestly, seeing how all my suspension is in, I will be doing the install from the top. I am going with headers.

Last edited:
Just like this. I just used a cheapo moving cart thingy from harbor freight, worked great!

Glad you're still here Richard! :D

image.jpg

When dropping the motor from the top, I suggest taking the water pump and crank pulley off, that extra room makes it alot easier to put in.

^ Thanks for the tip Sireland. I am sure whichever way I decide to do it...it will be a small battle, but I will win no matter what I decide to do.

I'm guessing if you needed to mod the lower support you got the taller version of the CC374, now also known as the CC374B. I ordered a CC374 on eBay, it came today and it's the CC374B... Looks like I'm gonna have to do the same thing to the lower support that you did....

The B suffix must stand for BIGGER! LOL I'm leaning towards a Champion for my car. Was either one of you guys radiators twisted corner to corner? I've read several complaints about brand new Champions being twisted or warped, but read a lot more about people that love them.

I didn't notice it when I pulled it out of the box yesterday. I'll check it real good today

I'm not sure which one I got??? I got mine off ebay as well, auction said it was a CC374. I wanted mine to sit on some rubber feet of some sort, so it seemed necessary to lower the support. I think there are guys installing them and putting a wooden paint stick underneath them to sit on. I wanted a more substantial support and didn't want to take the chance that the hood would hit.

My radiator did not seem to be twisted, no.

Last edited:
-
Back