A Muffled Question.....

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
What would be better performers on a 8:5:1 compression 318 with headers and a Comp XE268 cam: Flowmaster 40s or Turbo mufflers, such as Walker or Xcelerator?

Not a flowmaster fan.

I'd look at the Walker/Dyno max or a Hooker Aero Chamber.

I love the sound of flowmasters. But there are beter flowing designs.

I love the sound of flowmasters. But there are beter flowing designs.

I agree, Ive run flowmasters on everything because I love the sound (was disappointed Dave didnt put a set on the Dart LOL) I may actually try some Dynomax super turbos this time though.

Personally I think Flowmasters make everything sound like a flushing toilet. Dynomax Ultra Flos are some of the best-flowing mufflers out there and aren't expensive either. They sound pretty good too.

Since it is not a high horsepower combo, I would pick whatever one you like the sound of best. I like my flowmasters (2 chamber), but they are a bit loud if you drive on the street a lot.

Any performance muffler is going to flow more exhaust than the engine can generate if its sized to the engine properly. So, you pick your mufflers based on the sound you like.

I have flowmaster 50 series delta flows on my 360 with an x-pipe and really like the sound. Nice rumble at idle, no interior resonance while cruising and an authoritive sound at WOT.

I agree, Ive run flowmasters on everything because I love the sound (was disappointed Dave didnt put a set on the Dart LOL) I may actually try some Dynomax super turbos this time though.

Sorry Adam...lol. They're on my truck :D

-
Back