A request you can't refuse

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with the president of the local car club. He had a request for me that I don't think anyone could refuse.

Seems there is a local boy who has Muscular Dystrophy. Seems all he wants to do is get a ride in a muscle car on our big cruise the day before our car show in May. For some reason the President immediately thought of me.

I checked my schedule and I work that day but I applied for it off so I have to wait and see if it's granted. But I told the President he's more than free to drive my car in the cruise to take the kid for his ride.

When I told my dad this he also volunteered to take my car and the kid on the cruise if the President doesn't want to drive my car.

Your are right :cheers: Could not refuse that :colors:
Congratulations and enjoy the blessing to be asked :cheers:

When the youngster says he wants a ride in a muscle car, what he really means is " i wanna do smokey burn outs and i want my neck to hurt afterwards"

Man that's so awesome. You'll have as much of a memory as the youngster. Muscle cars are so cool,damn we're all so lucky.:angel9:

x2 tellem ur sick and givem a cough cough......

i bet there are guys on this site that would drive there cars all the way there and have cars in line for him to ride in one after another.

also what he means when he says muscle car is MOPAR!

cool deal ,if he can handle it yes definite big burnout and banzai launch thru the gears.when i was a kid thats what i wanted too.....

I should mention that the cruise generally involves leaving the Rodeo grounds, heading up to the local race track, where during the half time break in racing, all of us do two or three laps on the race track in front of the crown, then back to the rodeo grounds for a bar-b-que

Sounds like you get to make one little guys dream come true !!! I'd do it in a heartbeat !! :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Awesome!!! The kid will be thrilled. You are a great guy for what you are doing. Bet you're smiling from ear to ear thinking about how much fun this kid is gonna have.

Drache, you're going to be this kid's hero! He's never going to forget his ride, so make sure you make it extra-special!
Nothing like the bark of a Detroit V8.

Get his permission to take a pic of him behind the wheel and put it in the FABO wall of fame.

Right on- not only does the kid & everybody else 'dig it,' you'll enjoy giving the kid(s) a thrill. You can't refuse that...and do get photos for the BOTH of you! And you degenerate friends @ FABO, of course.

Now Im so nervous I dont want to even drive the Dart this year! May is a long time away and anything could happen. I'd hate to have someone total the Dart while Im driving it before May and have the kid heart broken....

-
Back