A true bad Monday

-

sdahmer

Reaction score
Needed to vent/share my bad day with you guys, thanks!

I started my valiant this morning before work to move it for no parking days and this box truck comes around the block, doesn't see me pulling out from the curb and bam! He hit my front driver side and took off. Ruined the valance, bumber and brackets, fender, headlight assembly, hood and the GRILL :( The insurance won't cover it because I don't have uninsured motorist/collision so it's out of my pocket unless the cops find him (doubtfull). So another setback is the last thing I needed but at least it's repairable (anyone wanna donate parts? :p or sell 'em cheap? I'm glad I hadn't pulled out further or he would've probably hit the door and injured me. A bad Monday indeed.

10304019_10152618459620336_8211423688291664247_n.jpg

Thanks. Apparently I should've called off too. Would be a lot better off.

Ah man, that sucks! Looks like it's totaled now. You should sell it to me and I'll dispose of it
:cheers::burnout:

Actually, I probably have some parts. Let me check and I'll PM you if I do.

Man , that is to bad :(I'm sorry . Happened to me before but with my jeep , had to pay out of pocket also. Hope the cops get him , or you find him and make him pay.

looks like what happened to my 71 duster 3 years ago but my hood had more damage, hit in run by illegals in a illegal car. my buddy was in his car and ran them down but they ran like they were headed for the border. all came out of pocket too. i got lucky and found a parts car to swap out what i needed. good luck with your parts search. my hardest find was the sharkstooth grill to replace.

That really sucks. Bugger had the nerve to drive away too! Hope he gets his. We can't afford to lose a Scamp!

CRAP! That sucks big time. I sure hope they find that guy. He's probably busy removing any sign of your paint from his truck right now. I'd donate if I had any of the parts you need. Good luck.

I hate this monday! I wrecked my company truck (2012 dodge 2500 diesel) today. This day does suck! For both of us. Worse for you. My truck is easy to replace, but the good old stuff if difficult. Sorry for you.

Tom

Thanks everyone! I'm really glad it's only "cosmetic" and that I didn't have to scrap it or part it out. I got it new tires recently too. I'm super bummed about the grill though, it was in good shape.

Sorry man, that is a real bummer...I hope they can find the guy who hit you so they can pay to fix your ride.

Damn Tom, sorry to hear. Hits are always bad no matter what. They leave you feeling kinda spooked and tense.

It sucks you banged 'er up but how is it that this is the other guy's fault?

Damn! That sucks...but this is why dash cams are becoming more popular. I plan on getting one for my Valiant, even though it looks like a POS, it's MY POS and I'm not about to let some AH wreck it and get off scott free.

Hope they find the SOB that hit you.

It sucks you banged 'er up but how is it that this is the other guy's fault?

I was pulling away from the curb, just started as the other driver turned the corner without stopping, so i stayed in position so he could pass. He was too close to all the parked cars and hit the front corner of the valiant. It was AM and my lights were on. Also, only guilty people tend to take off.

-
Back