A Valiant BJ / Powerdyne BD-11

-
I believe what you're saying here is true, but at the same time, I'm wondering if, due to the increased volatility of methanol vs. water, if the greater evaporative nature of the alcohol might not give additional cooling, when atomized. I have NO information to support this, I'm just asking. It seemed plausible to me...

What do you think????

Not running an intercooler has me wanting all the charge cooling I can get...

It may. My explanation is in Layman's terms. I have spent alot of time with Rodney on the phone at http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/ . If you call him he will explain everything to you in detail, like where to mount your nozzles, what size, what to spray etc per your intended build and use. He designed a multi nozzle kit for my Twin Turbo EFI Engine. Very good guy. I am going overkill on mine with Dual Air/Water Intercoolers, Heat Exchanger with circulating pump & Meth Injection. I do not want any detonation problems.

Wow, first I seen of that product. Pretty cool! Gunna do some research on it.

As far as the nozzles you can put them before or after or both. On your system I would probably do both.

Here is a diagram for you... There is also information on the site about spraying on both sides of a centrifugal super charger.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems....-My-Water-Injection-Nozzles/article_info.html

I learn something new everyday. I'm going to go pre & post supercharger. Now how do I figure out each nozzel size and water/Rum O:) ratio. I just want to use the one pump to feed the two nozzels.

I learn something new everyday. I'm going to go pre & post supercharger. Now how do I figure out each nozzel size and water/Rum O:) ratio. I just want to use the one pump to feed the two nozzels.

I am using 2- 7GPM Nozzles on mine using 1 pump to drive them triggered by my MS3X ECU. I have multiple trigger shut off points. 3500RPM & 3PSI or Intake Air Temps & RPM.

How long have you had the PJII?

The methanol injection has been discussed on the Powerjection forums before, here is one thread:

http://professional-products.com/fo...ons-for-Methanol-Injection&highlight=methanol

Also a lot of turbocharger / supercharger info there. You probably want the latest software if you have had that unit more than a year.

I would run NGK 2322 plugs & target 11.0 to 11.5 AFR on boost.

B.

I am not running fuel injection, but rather, a blow-thru modified Holley 750 double pumper. My question is this: The air/fuel ratio is made richer by adding pure methonol with a spray unit to the incoming air stream, but how is that mixture affected (on an A/F ratio broadband O2 sensor) when it's a mixture of water and methanol?

Is it still going to show richer, or will the water act a combustion deterrent for the meth, and not change the exhaust gas A/F ratio?

I have a F.A.S.T. broadband datalogging O2 sensor meter, but have not hooked it up yet, and was wondering what to look for in terms of the spray's effect on the A//F numbers, with or without water in the spray (50/50 mix.)

Any help here would be appreciated!O:)

I am not running fuel injection, but rather, a blow-thru modified Holley 750 double pumper. My question is this: The air/fuel ratio is made richer by adding pure methonol with a spray unit to the incoming air stream, but how is that mixture affected (on an A/F ratio broadband O2 sensor) when it's a mixture of water and methanol?

The methanol is fuel. It will show up on the mix as added fuel Water cools things off, but it has no fuel or oxygen available. It becomes steam. It is in fact just taking up space. A large dose of water is like turning on the EGR, just adding something that won't burn.

Is it still going to show richer, or will the water act a combustion deterrent for the meth, and not change the exhaust gas A/F ratio?

The fuel will all burn, and the steam will leave in the exhaust. The O2 sensor will "see" all of the fuel & air, while ignoring the water vapor.

I have a F.A.S.T. broadband datalogging O2 sensor meter, but have not hooked it up yet, and was wondering what to look for in terms of the spray's effect on the A//F numbers, with or without water in the spray (50/50 mix.)

Any help here would be appreciated!O:)

Nice meter. You can run straight methanol or 50/50 with water. It will tell you the truth either way.

B.

Nice meter. You can run straight methanol or 50/50 with water. It will tell you the truth either way.

B.

Thanks; you told me exactly what I needed to know.

The Snowperformance website contends that water takes a lot more heat out of the pressurized incoming charge than pure methanol does.

Sounds like I need to buy some blue windshield washer fluid and replace the 100% meth in my reservoir. I am making as much power as I feel is safe for this POS short block I have; I'm a lot more concerned with detonation than I am about another 5 hp...

So many questions... only a FEW right answers... LOL!

Thanks much for your help; what you say makes a lot of sense!!!

My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread... some more.

Bill:

Is this the slant turbo or another boosted engine?

B.

My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread... some more.

Bill:

Is this the slant turbo or another boosted engine?

B.

My comments here, have been about my V8 360 Magnum, which has a Vortech V-1, S-trim blower and NO intercooler (10 pounds of boost, max,) but has a Snowperformance Boostcooler Stage I alky/water injector.

The turbocharged slant 6 car has a Boostcooler AND an intercooler, and hopefully will need both, because we plan to boost the crap out of that little workhorse! The robust construction of the slant 6, with its thick-walled cast iron construction (designed for aluminum, so "over-built" for iron) hopefully, will allow us to run boost levels that would blow the crank right out the bottom of my 360 Magnum. At least, that's the plan...

Talk's cheap; we'll see... LOL!

Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• 100_3266.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 183
  • js640_turboside.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_3609.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_3616-001.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 150
-