After market A/C for our /6?

-
Hey all. I have a 71 Swinger with factory a/c, that does not work. So I am looking for options to put a/c back in the car. 1) have the factory compressor rebuilt, 2) pull all the factory stuff out and just go after market, 3) use a mix of factory and after market to get it going again.

What would you do? Thanks.

This is my bracket for the sanden compressor. THought you might be interested.

P1020552.jpg

Syed

I had to save that picture Syed, I do not and will not ever have power steering
on my 66 /6 sedan Thank you ,, I agree Charrles_S, a nice set up.

An update: I will post pics this weekend I hope. But what I have done is scour the local yard to see what would work. I got lucky and found an 85 Ram 150 ?6 and A/C. The compressor is a SD 508. So I pulled the mounting brackets and compressor. I installed the front bracket on the water pump just like the trucks /. Mounted the compressor. It was to tall to fit under the hood. So I cut bout 1 1/2 in off bracket and tacked it together. Now hood will close. I took the rear bracket and cut it bout 3 in from where it mounts to the motor mount top bolt. Then bolted it to the compressor then to the motor mount. I over-lapped it and tack weled it. Now both ends of the compressor are secure, straight and ready for me to figure out the lines. Looks like I will be useing most of the factory 71 stuff. Like I said I will try to post pics this weekend. Does anyone have an a/c dryer bracket? I have mis-placed the one that I took off when I painted the car. Thanks for all the info you guys have given me.

-
Back